PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Festivals in england?

Samster
06-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Are there any? or any similar events?

i cant seem to find any

so i was just wondering if anybody knows of any?

Witters
06-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Are there any? or any similar events?

i cant seem to find any

so i was just wondering if anybody knows of any?
Yes me to:)

Gaby
06-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, there's one I believe in London 20th of June: londonukefestival.com

Witters
06-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Not much info on the site other than of course the record attempt.

Would love to see retailers there with plenty of Uke's.

Bram
06-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Theres THIS (http://ukulelecosmos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10232) (i hope they dont mind me posting a link to an other ukulele forum, but that url has all the info). The campsite where its being held is already fully booked, but there should be a few others nearby. I also still need to find one within walking distance :P

ukeshale
06-08-2009, 01:32 AM
Me and one or two other people did have the intention of organising a Uk ukulele meet this summer. In the end we just didn't give ourselves enough time to organise it properly - naivety on just my behalf really. I'll be starting preparations for next summer well in advance this time around. There's a group on here for UK ukulele players called UK.lele - info will be posted on that group when things develop but that won't be for some time yet.

There are a couple of ukulele/folk festivals in the UK. I THINK that one of the larger ones is taking a break this year - I can't think for the life of me what it was called though.

Keep an eye out in the 'Regional get Togethers' section of the forum for events like this :)

UkuEroll
06-08-2009, 05:04 AM
I looked at the RAYSTOCK UK UKEFEST, but it being a camping festival, as a wheelchair user it wasn't for me ,I did enquire and they said they where full but there was another camp site down the road.

ukantor
06-08-2009, 06:26 AM
This is certainly not a festival, but there is a meeting for ukers at The Slug & Lettuce in Farnham on Sunday next, 14th June.

Start at 12 noon, finish around 4pm, or whenever.

There is a long stay car park next door, 2 for four hours.

Just a chance to chew the fat, try other people's ukes, and some communal strummin'. All welcome.

John Colter (Ukantor).