Using my lockdown time

PeteS

Reaction score
As I am one of those that our UK government deem to be at risk due to health reasons I have been using some of my time to improve my finger style playing. Now after 5 weeks of what will be 12 weeks minimum I think things have improved,you'll have to take my word for it as I have no way of putting recordings on the forum. Back in my guitar playing days I did a reasonable version of Freight Train so I started looking on the net for how others played it snd ended up in one of the UU early seasons train song weeks and was surprised at what was on there besides Freight Train. I love those big locos that are in the USA and the songs that go with them something we do not seem to have here in the UK.Another great version of Freight Train complete with picking pattern was on the lockdown section of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain website. Thanks to all those who post videos on places like UU I'm sure you will help many of us get through these strange times even if some like me waste a lot of time playing your videos.

Last edited:
Thanks for that one Ms Bean I must have missed that in my travels through the web or maybe I had misunderstood the "Duets for one" in the title. How are things up there in Durham UK ? we are down the road a little in Ripon N.Yorks,managing to cope at the moment but looking forward to the release date take care and thanks for the link.

You're welcome Pete!

We've been ok so far. County Durham is still a lighter shade of blue than Newcastle etc. Hopefully everybody stays sensible.

I discovered this performer about a year ago. She performed all of Kobayashi's ukulele jazz arrangements on her channel, and I like her performances very much.

Top Bottom