Getting a Pono concert 'ukulele on Wednesday!

hawaiianmusiclover06

Reaction score
Hey everyone... just wanted to let all of you know that UAS has struck me. I am getting a Pono concert 'ukulele on Wednesday. I don't know the wood combination yet because my 'ukulele teacher is picking out my Pono concert. It will be an upgrade from my Kala concert SC 'ukulele. I was wondering how is the sound quality on a Pono? And if anyone have played a Pono concert before? Would like to hear your opinions.

Hey everyone... just wanted to let all of you know that UAS has struck me. I am getting a Pono concert 'ukulele on Wednesday. I don't know the wood combination yet because my 'ukulele teacher is picking out my Pono concert. It will be an upgrade from my Kala concert SC 'ukulele. I was wondering how is the sound quality on a Pono? And if anyone have played a Pono concert before? Would like to hear your opinions.

I hear some great sounds coming out of Ponos. Just off the top of my head, I know GrumpyCoyote and DeG have them, and those guys make them sing!

I tried out a Pono Ohai concert a few weeks ago. It was a little quiet, but had an excellent sound, overall.

you will be very happy with your new addition. Not only are the lovely they have a lovely sound. Enjoy! Remember to experiment with strings if your playing style doesn't "match" the strings. A $7 change can make the instrument really stand out.

Will you be going to the Ko'olau factory in Wahiawa to pick it up? I haven't played the Ohai yet as it ships to the Mainland at the end of this month, but have played all of the other models and I'm sure you'll find one to your liking.

Will you be going to the Ko'olau factory in Wahiawa to pick it up? I haven't played the Ohai yet as it ships to the Mainland at the end of this month, but have played all of the other models and I'm sure you'll find one to your liking.

No, I won't be going to the Ko'olau factory in Wahiawa to pick it up. My 'ukulele teacher is hand picking a concert for me.

pono= b.e.a.utiful. I love the sound. Most of the ponos i have heard have sounded warm and mellow. I love that in a uke, so one of these is in my future.(I say that a lot) :D

Ponos are great! My first...well first THREE ukes were all Ponos and I was very happy with them. Of course, then I became a Kanile'a whore...

I love my Pono Tenor. I think my next ukulele is going to be a concert. I was thinking about getting a Mainland Uke cedar concert, since I am a mainlander and I do not think I can beat that price for a handmade ukulele. Let us know how you like your Pono tenor, that might sway me one way or another. I really like the looks of those Mango ones!

Top Bottom