Lanikai CK-C

lefty dan

Reaction score
I'm a new ukulele player and just bought a Lanikai CK-C. Anyone own one? What do you guys think of them for a new guy?
Thanks
Dan

I'm a new ukulele player and just bought a Lanikai CK-C. Anyone own one? What do you guys think of them for a new guy?
Thanks
Dan

Hi
Yes I've got one, I'm totally happy with it, I changed the strings on it to Aquilas and it really made a difference.
As for a new guy uke,spending £200 on your first uke is well above what most people pay for a first one. So I would say it's not a bad choice.

Thanks
Dan

Hey I have one of these too, I really like mine. It has an excellent bright tone and a good sustain. It looks pretty stylish too. Some people say the headstock is too heavy because of the big tuners but I didn't ever really notice that with mine.

For a beginner it's really good, you won't need to upgrade that for a long time. You have a good uke there!

Congratulations on getting your first ukulele.The Lanikai CK C was my first ukulele.I have never regretted getting it.I played it for about 3 years with the original strings.I only changed to aquilla strings after I got my second ukulele.My second ukulele is a Kanilea tenor with a under saddle pick up.And frankly both ukuleles are all I need and they both are played regularly.I am sure you will enjoy yours.

new ukulele

So I should explain better. I started out building a Stew mac and grizzly soprano. I like to build stuff. I have played around with the Stew mac the most. It seems a little small for me so I went looking around. The music store by my house had a Lanikai tenor and concert. I really liked the concert because it is a little bigger but small enough to carry on my motorcycle trips. They just wanted more than I could aford.
I found one on EBay and got it cheap. It is being shipped now and I should receive it on Fri. So I'm excited for it to come. Haven't got it yet but thats why I was wondering if anyone else owned one and if they liked it.
Sounds like it will work for a while.
Thanks Guys and I will post something when it gets here.

Also I have a new set of low G strings for a concert and am thinking about trying them out when it gets here.

Any thoughts on low G on a concert. I tried them on the soprano and liked the sound.
Dan

So I should explain better. I started out building a Stew mac and grizzly soprano. I like to build stuff. I have played around with the Stew mac the most. It seems a little small for me so I went looking around. The music store by my house had a Lanikai tenor and concert. I really liked the concert because it is a little bigger but small enough to carry on my motorcycle trips. They just wanted more than I could aford.
I found one on EBay and got it cheap. It is being shipped now and I should receive it on Fri. So I'm excited for it to come. Haven't got it yet but thats why I was wondering if anyone else owned one and if they liked it.
Sounds like it will work for a while.
Thanks Guys and I will post something when it gets here.

Also I have a new set of low G strings for a concert and am thinking about trying them out when it gets here.

Any thoughts on low G on a concert. I tried them on the soprano and liked the sound.
Dan

Hey if you like the sound go for it, I haven't done it myself as I prefer the traditional High G sound of the uke. Most of the songs are in High G too although I have heard some amazing renditions on a low g uke.

low G

So now I'm going to show what a new guy I am. If I string the ukulele with a low G string cant I still play the same songs with the same notes and music? I thought the only difference would be a lower sounding G ????

Also upskydowncloud thanks for the info on the winding the A string backwards to stop buzzing. Now I put the low G strings on and am starting to get buzzing again. I should have left it alone. But this to me is the fun of it. Figuring it all out.
Regards Dan

Last edited:
Top Bottom