Bushman Luau 2.5 rocked, thanks John Hall :D

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
Hello fellow UUers,
Haven't been on the forums in a while but I just got back from Nashville Indiana after performing at the Bushman Luau part deux and hanging at the UWC for a bit on Saturday. First off I'd like to thank John for flying me out to Nashville for the third time to play at the Bushman Brewhouse for the ukulele luau 2.5. I was greatful for the opportunity to play especially for the built in crowd from the Friday night fish-fry. John treats me like family even though I play Koaloha ukes. I got to catch up with friends from the last Luau and Blues Fest, and I had a really great time.
Ironically, if it weren't for John, I would not have known about the UWC. John wanted me to know the whole story and explained the situation of having both the UWC and the Luau 2.5 at the same time. He left it up to me to decide whether or not to come, and said that he would not be flaming anyone on the interweb or engaging in any such non-sense. I hesitated at first, but decided to go, as I always love hanging out in Indiana, and lets face it free airfare, free food and lodging, and the opportunity to play in another state is hard to turn down for an amateur ukester like myself.
Mike saw that I was going to be in town and later invited me to hang at the UWC.
John made good on his promise to take the high road, and was gracious enough to let myself and the other performers, Wade, Dustin and Monique hang out at the UWC when we weren't performing at the luau despite our obligations to Bushman.
Anyways I just wanted to send a big mahalo nui loa out to John and everyone at Bushman ukes and the Bushman Brewhouse (the cooks and wait-staff kept us all well taken care of). It was a really fun event, I enjoyed jamming with the other performers (I was a bit starstruck by being amongst 3 youtube stars, but I tried to play it cool :p). I appreciated being able to play for all the people that came, some of whom drove in from out of state to see us, some of whom were just there for the fish but were blown away by the uke playing that went on. John treats me like family and lets me treat the Brewhouse like home, so I help myself to food and drink before the place opens :p, but I treat him like family right back and buss my own table when I'm done :D. Thanks for reading this rant if you got this far, I'll be posting a formal review of the event with some cool pics soon :D
Mahalos!
-facemeltingukulele

No worry, I saw you there :D

I'm glad you had fun, Jason. Sorry I missed you this time.

Next year....:shaka:

No prob Alan, I saw you sitting in the back for a little bit. Gave you a shaka on the sly but I think the guy in front of you was blocking your view :D. Good to see you though we didn't have time to hang. Next year fo sho!

No prob Alan, I saw you sitting in the back for a little bit. Gave you a shaka on the sly but I think the guy in front of you was blocking your view :D. Good to see you though we didn't have time to hang. Next year fo sho!

That could have been my brother, although I was there too. He looks alarmingly similar to me. So if I didn't acknowledge you, don't be upset. It could have been him:

uwc%20007.jpg

I second that.

John: Thanks a lot for giving us a place to stay and food to eat! It was great to be playing at the Brewhouse again, and I look forward to doing it in the future. And thanks so much for being cool with us going to the Congress!
Mike: Thanks for putting on a great party! I hope that it's a long-lasting tradition that continues to grow!
Jason and Monique: It was great to meet you! You are both fantastic musicians and I look forward to seeing you again at the Bean Blossom Blues Festival!
Dustin: WEEEE! hahahaha.

-Wade

That could have been my brother, although I was there too. He looks alarmingly similar to me. So if I didn't acknowledge you, don't be upset. It could have been him:

Wow Alan, that's uncanny! You aren't twins?

Double Vision

uwc%20007.jpg

That is an uncanny resemblance! Craziness, so much for random gene expression :p. I'll be on the lookout next time for the 2 Alans :D

Right back atcha!

John: Thanks a lot for giving us a place to stay and food to eat! It was great to be playing at the Brewhouse again, and I look forward to doing it in the future. And thanks so much for being cool with us going to the Congress!
Mike: Thanks for putting on a great party! I hope that it's a long-lasting tradition that continues to grow!
Jason and Monique: It was great to meet you! You are both fantastic musicians and I look forward to seeing you again at the Bean Blossom Blues Festival!
Dustin: WEEEE! hahahaha.

-Wade

Wade, honor and a privilege to hear you play and actually get to jam with you even! Looking forward to the bean fo sho!

yes! thanks John and the Brewhouse staff! Indiana felt so homey because of your open arms. I felt honored to get an invite to perform and loved meeting all the Indiana folk.

It was great getting to see all the other performers: Wade (weeee), Jason (you melted my face), Monique (thanks for the uke!). The Brewhouse was definitely a great venue for the Bushman luau, with great food and fun.

I want to especially thank John and Laura from Bushman for being so kind. The airline lost my luggage and uke, and Laura was such a sweetheart in helping me retrieve it. John gave me a the opportunity to travel and perform...he gave us a place to stay and food to eat, which by the way was delicious. The spicy burger was great. haha. Thanks guys!!!

It was a great weekend. Love you all!

p.s. Alan, seeing two of you is creepy. haha.

I want to thank Jason, Monique, Dustin, and Wade for the great performances at the Ukulele Luau this past weekend. I truly enjoyed the music. Jason - the Reggae stuff is AWESOME!

You can see some photos from the Luau here. Videos will be posted to the Luau website soon.

We're having Jason and Monique back to perform at our Bean Blossom Blues Fest on August 27 - 29, 2009. We've decided that, since they'll already be here for the blues fest, we'll have another Ukulele Luau here at the Bushman Brewhouse then too! The Luau will be a free to attend!

If anyone needs help with lodging, I am standing by. Our Blues Fest fills-up most hotels in the area, but I have some inside information for finding rooms. Let me know. The Luau website has some good info, but I will add more soon regarding more performers and jam times; stay tuned.

John
Bean Blossom Blues, Brews & BBQ
August 27 - 29, 2009
812-988-8200

Wow, the Bushman Luau was SO MUCH FUN, I miss it already =/. Thank you SO MUCH John Hall for flying us all out there and inviting us to play at the brewhouse! Thank you for being extremely hospitable and placing having fun on top of everyone's priority list. Thank you soo much to Wade, Jason, Dustin, and Mike for such a fun weekend! You are ALL super super talented and I can't wait to cross paths with each of you again in the future.

Big thank you's to Nancy, Laura, Allister, Casey, and everyone else at the Bushman Brewhouse for being so AMAZING and kind to us all this weekend. Thank you also to everyone who came out to support and celebrate their love for the ukulele and just to have a good time during the numerous jam sessions and whatnot!

Again, John Hall I cannot thank you enough! Indiana was beautiful, the people were the SO NICE, and the food was amazing, not to mention Ukuleles everywhere! Thank you also for letting us visit the congress despite our obligations =)

~Monique

P.S. I highly recommend the "John Burger" =)

BREWHOUSE STAFF IS AWESOME!

john burger??? dood... it's all about the spicy burger with a side of fried mushrooms!!! haha.

Thanks Dustin and Monique for your kindness. I will pass along your messages to everyone who works at the Brewhouse. We all enjoyed having you. You're both amazing singers.

And thanks to Wade for coming and playing. You've got a bright future - nearly 10,000 subscribers on the Tube. I hope your enthusiasm and love for the instrument never fades; it's contagious.

Jason - You're more than just a great uke player and a talented singer, you're a wonderful friend. I hope the world discovers you. I wish everyone could experience your brand of ukulele blues and reggae - your brand of music. I will be your messenger. I will do what I can to pass along the joy you create everytime you play.

Last edited:
Aw, shucks

Thanks Dustin and Monique for your kindness. I will pass along your messages to everyone who works at the Brewhouse. We all enjoyed having you. You're both amazing singers.

And thanks to Wade for coming and playing. You've got a bright future - nearly 10,000 subscribers on the Tube. I hope your enthusiasm and love for the instrument never fades; it's contagious.

Jason - You're more than just a great uke player and a talented singer, you're a wonderful friend. I hope the world discovers you. I wish everyone could experience your brand of ukulele blues and reggae - your brand of music. I will be your messenger. I will do what I can to pass along the joy you create everytime you play.

Thanks John,
I'm always thankful for people who enjoy my music. Thanks again for the opportunity to share the stage with the aforementioned awesome uke players, musicians and people in general.

Top Bottom