Halo God...

I didn't even watch the video but it's probably without a doubt a person in their mid 30's who never had a real job playing on Xbox live out of their mothers basement.

I didn't even watch the video but it's probably without a doubt a person in their mid 30's who never had a real job playing on Xbox live out of their mothers basement.

LmFao - Its more than likely true hahaha, these people are like - the madest nerds on online games...

Halos sweet but - I love playing it back in the days, finished the game 10 000 times... I gots da accuracy with the plasma's

And I bet they live the worlds most boring life.... Practice allllll day long on a game that will be outdated within a few years. To each his own though I guess.

And I bet they live the worlds most boring life.... Practice allllll day long on a game that will be outdated within a few years. To each his own though I guess.

They don't live boring lives. They get to travel the world and play video games. Everything paid for. These guys are known as Pro-Gamers (yes its a real job title).

(this part is quoted from an article i read online.)

"Pro-gamers and even teams are employed on a contract basis to represent the employer at large gaming events and tournaments. Gamers are given a sponsorship deal and the employer pays for gaming practice sessions at cafes, provides personal computers and accessories, pays for travel and lodging expenses during tournaments and so on. Some of the common games that skilled gamers can be contracted for are Counter-Strike, Quake 3, Quake 4, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, FIFA, and so on. Gaming contests for these games are held through out the year all over the world. Mega gaming events are sponsored by multinational companies such as Intel, Pepsi, Coca Cola, and so on, and may involve cash prizes for up to $400,000 for the winners."

Within the past 5 years, gaming has become a recognized and reputable career option.

They don't live boring lives. They get to travel the world and play video games. Everything paid for. These guys are known as Pro-Gamers (yes its a real job title).

(this part is quoted from an article i read online.)

"Pro-gamers and even teams are employed on a contract basis to represent the employer at large gaming events and tournaments. Gamers are given a sponsorship deal and the employer pays for gaming practice sessions at cafes, provides personal computers and accessories, pays for travel and lodging expenses during tournaments and so on. Some of the common games that skilled gamers can be contracted for are Counter-Strike, Quake 3, Quake 4, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, FIFA, and so on. Gaming contests for these games are held through out the year all over the world. Mega gaming events are sponsored by multinational companies such as Intel, Pepsi, Coca Cola, and so on, and may involve cash prizes for up to $400,000 for the winners."

Within the past 5 years, gaming has become a recognized and reputable career option.

True. but this guy is neither pro or good. At the time of the video he was, lets say decent, but still not even pro.

This guy is Pro, and one of the best in the world in Halo 2, he has the money/tournament wins to back it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ursux9tLI

But if somebody asks you what your job is.

I don't have a single friend and play games all my life, i have diabetes - no wife or kids and am dieing of a heart attack.

To be honest - not worth the possible 250k per year :)

I'm awestruck at what you think pro-gamers are. I'm not going to even argue, cause its pretty obvious you're saying things off the top of your head. Try googling them.

http://www.askmen.com/toys/special_feature_100/113_special_feature.html

Here's a website if you don't have time to.

Last edited:
That video was pretty sick.

I'm awestruck at what you think pro-gamers are. I'm not going to even argue, cause its pretty obvious you're saying things off the top of your head. Try googling them.

hahaha well it was off the top of my head - but playing video games as a job, u r a nerd.. thats just IMO but i know people who just play them and their lives are anti-social and they have eye problems... all of them!

askmen.com?? not loading for me LmFao

hahaha well it was off the top of my head - but playing video games as a job, u r a nerd.. thats just IMO but i know people who just play them and their lives are anti-social and they have eye problems... all of them!

askmen.com?? not loading for me LmFao

Bill Gates is a nerd with eye problems too...ha.:D

Bill Gates is a nerd with eye problems too...ha.:D

nice one nate!!!
man this topic is getting heated...
heres what i think...
if u make more than 200k a year playing video games then more power to you.. they get to do what they like all of the time... kinda like pro athletes right?
not everyone (esp. me) is a good gamer and if you have the skill shee put it to good use...
think about this... a pro gamer spends as much tie doing his job as lawyers or doctors do.. only they get to stay home...
they get to see their kids go and come home from school...
you just do what you gotta to to get ur money right... naw mean???

ps... those videos were TIGHT!! i wish i was that good...

I dont get it?? rolling eyes ??

anyway - is that what bill gates looks like?? wtf he old as, i thought he was younger..

Well i don't want this thread to go over heated but i wasn't referring to nerds like bill gates - ever seen south park episode where they play WoW? thats what i have been referring to..

you're right, it really isn't worth arguing with that guy. it's often best to let ignorant people be..... i mean he didn't even know what bill gates looked like. i think that speaks for itself.

Top Bottom