R. I. P. Little richard:

JJFN

Reaction score
Sadly we lost another rock icon. Little Richard was a major influence to a great number of rock stars. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix to name a few. Little Richard's Tutti Frutti was my introduction to Rock 'n Roll.

PS: My father told me RnR would never last.
PPS: Why are the capital letters in the title box, reduced to lower case? I originally typed this title in all caps.

I just saw that while reading the news. A sad loss of a major icon, bu we're fortunate for the music he left us, and his major influence on the music world.

I don't know if he ever played ukulele, but it would have been great fun to see if he had.

I feel much as my parents did when all of the Big Band leaders passed away.

Sad, but glad for the joy they all brought to the world.

May he rest in — a whole lot of glorious music!

R.I.P, Little Richard Penniman. You brought joy to many.

Amazing how some of those early albums of his really rock with three wailing saxophones.

I haven't checked TCM's on demand listings, but they have aired the film "The Girl Can't Help It" starring Jayne Mansfield. Little Richard is in the movie, performing the title song. Also other RnR acts from that era, The Platters, Gene Vincent etc. Worth a watch.

Godspeed Little Richard. He was my fave. The Beatles actually opened for him once in a show, I think in Germany.

Top Bottom