PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on this album name

Ukulele Jim
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Here's the cover image for my upcoming album. Based on this, would you think its title was

"Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid"

or

"Ukulele Jim's Snake Oil Music"

and which do you like better?

http://www.swagazine.com/etc/albumcover-fin2.jpg

Buddy McCue
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Great album cover art.

Honestly? I like the "Snake Oil" version best.

Pueo
06-08-2009, 01:22 PM
First impression was that the Album was called Snake Oil Music, but that could have been because I did not scroll all the way down... That being said, I think I like Snake Oil Music better than Authentic, Down Home Marital Aid for an album title. It's up to you though. They almost seem contradictory, as Snake Oil is something hucksters and charlatans would sell to naive people yet actually did nothing. An authentic, down home marital aid sounds like something genuine though! Ha ha have fun with it, great artwork!

Ukulele Jim
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
First impression was that the Album was called Snake Oil Music, but that could have been because I did not scroll all the way down... That being said, I think I like Snake Oil Music better than Authentic, Down Home Marital Aid for an album title. It's up to you though. They almost seem contradictory, as Snake Oil is something hucksters and charlatans would sell to naive people yet actually did nothing. An authentic, down home marital aid sounds like something genuine though! Ha ha have fun with it, great artwork!

Actually, "snake oil" is often claimed as being "genuine" and "authentic" when it's really neither.

UkuleleHill
06-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I like Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid myself... But thats just me...

Bratset
06-08-2009, 01:31 PM
I like Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid

seeso
06-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I like Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid

Me too. Plus, there's another uker by the name of SnakeOiler.

UkuleleHill
06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Me too. Plus, there's another uker by the name of SnakeOiler.

Yeah that was one of the other reasons...

mailman
06-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Based on the album art (which is cool, BTW) I would think the title was the whole "Down Home Marital Aid" thing. But, having said that, I prefer the "Snake Oil" title.

Just my humble opinion....

RevWill
06-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Based on the art I would assume "Authentic Down Home Marital Aid," which coincidentally I like better anyway. Of course if you had consulted me ahead of time I'da suggested "Authentic Down Home Marital Aid and Baldness Treatment." But that's just me.

Looking forward to hearing the music

Ukulele JJ
06-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Here's the cover image for my upcoming album. Based on this, would you think its title was

"Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid"

or

"Ukulele Jim's Snake Oil Music"

and which do you like better?

That's two questions. The poll only lets me pick one choice. :(

JJ

Ukulele Jim
06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Which do you like better is the question I really care about.

ricdoug
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid is a catchy title. Ric

Ukulele Jim
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
How about a combination?

as in:

Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid & Snake Oil Music

Or is that too much?

seeso
06-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that's too much.

Ukulele Jim
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Bah. I can't decide.

"Snake Oil Music" is simpler and easier, but "Ukulele Jim's Authentic Down Home Marital Aid" is more fun.

seeso
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Go for fun!!

PihSant
06-10-2009, 02:27 PM
That is an awesome album cover. I love the style of it. I think I like the "Snake Oil" title better. Good stuff :rock: