new question

jordanwelsh

Reaction score
hello, im new to playing the uke and i just had a question about the sound of it. if i try to recored what im playing in garage band on my mac to hear if a new song i learned is ok it sounds so chunky and clangy. every video or recording ive listened to sounds so nice compared to mine. does anyone know what could cause this?
if tried recoring on my two video cameras too but still the same thing so its not just because of what im recording with it has to be my uke.

please help me because other wise ill never figure this out and i dont wanna just give up on playing

thanks, jordan

That's a pretty vague statement, "clangy and chunky".

But stop comparing yourself to other people and just have fun practicing and know that over time, you WILL get better. At first, its gonna be a little painful to listen to. But that's OK. Its called the LEARNING CURVE. After you practice where to place your fingers, how hard to press, where to strum, how to pick etc, you'll do something right on accident! After that, magic happens!!

When recording on the Mac, turn down the input volume. Also, try to get an external mic. I'm planning on getting a Blue Snowball (or the next model down) in the near future.

That's a pretty vague statement, "clangy and chunky".

But stop comparing yourself to other people and just have fun practicing and know that over time, you WILL get better. At first, its gonna be a little painful to listen to. But that's OK. Its called the LEARNING CURVE. After you practice where to place your fingers, how hard to press, where to strum, how to pick etc, you'll do something right on accident! After that, magic happens!!

Great advice there man.
I can only say it happened to me when i started also.

Top Bottom