What song are you focused on learning right now?

UKESTAR

Reaction score
Right now, what song are you all currently most focused on learning?

I just jumped head first into Going to California..Zep. I saw GX9901 do it and it was pretty impressive...he inspired me to learn it. Might be in over my head though...we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOm3TP4RLQ

Last edited:
Hey Ukestar, you're embarrassing me! But thanks for the kind words. I seriously have not perfected any song I've learned yet, as you probably could see in the videos I did post on Youtube. It's all in good fun though. And I enjoy seeing "imperfect" performances on Youtube myself as they seem more "real" to me.

I'm just starting to learn "Close to You" from Dominator's video tutorial. Learning new songs on the ukulele is a lot of fun and rewarding.

Hey Ukestar, you're embarrassing me! But thanks for the kind words. I seriously have not perfected any song I've learned yet, as you probably could see in the videos I did post on Youtube. It's all in good fun though. And I enjoy seeing "imperfect" performances on Youtube myself as they seem more "real" to me.

I'm just starting to learn "Close to You" from Dominator's video tutorial. Learning new songs on the ukulele is a lot of fun and rewarding.

Sorry GX...Adrine gets all the attention...you deserve some too..haha. You have mucho talent my friend...keep it up man!:D
Checked out your ghetto uke blog....nice work...lots of detail. I like those cases you had...

I'm currently working on learning 'Salut' by Joe Dassin.... My French teacher wants me to try to do weekly performances in class....

....memorizing a song in French when it isn't your first language is a bit of a pain... doable, fun, but painful...

I'm putting in some finishing touches to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". . .I'm playing it for my schools talent show :D
And yeah I'm watching all sorts of videos on Youtube picking and choosing the cool sounding ways on how to play it so it sound awesome when i play it in front of my school ^_^

Other then that, I just jump around and learn stuff I hear on the radio lol xP

Dragon - im actually pretty proud of this :D and all thanks to Dom for showing me the technique and the tabs.

I got the tapping down and i can play a lot of it, ill make a vid some time soon - but i hate making them so it won't be on my account for long.

Dragon - im actually pretty proud of this :D and all thanks to Dom for showing me the technique and the tabs.

I got the tapping down and i can play a lot of it, ill make a vid some time soon - but i hate making them so it won't be on my account for long.

UkulelesReggAe, I look forward to seeing your video when you get around to it. Dragon is not an easy song to play well. That's why I've never recorded it;).

For the last 3 or 4 days I tuned one of my self made tenors to ADF#B (low A) and have been messing around with Uke Talk as recorded by James Hill. This is a tough one for me. I attempted to play it during the open mic on Saturday night. I'm glad Ryan didn't record it because I know I would be embarrased by my performance. But as I told folks before I played it, I wanted to push myself a bit and not just stay in my comfort zone. I think this is an important part in the development process.

I can never just pick one song and master it all at once. I normally have 3 to 4 different songs I practice back and forth with. Taking one song and trying it over and over again bores me extremely fast but if I have a couple different ones on the go I just alternate when I get frustrated and come back to the one that is frustrating me later. Anyone else do something like this?

Definately! I play my uke for the sole purpose to have fun and when I'm struggling and getting frustrated with a certain piece it kind of defeats the purpose of why I'm playing in the first place. :mad:

ya... me too
anyways...
i'm actually learning euclapstick (i think that's how you spell it...)
with dominator's tabs (of course)
it's really hard...
i'm almost finished though...
and i'm currently looking for the version of uke talk done by james hill...
but i can't seem to find it

Bodysurfing. I't's proving laborious on my fingers. Especially that tremolo. I think I got the first part down though.

Top Bottom