A Doctor Who feature film in the works?

CoffeeJunkee

Reaction score
Tucked away in a BBC article about David Tennant appearing in two episodes of Elisabeth Sladen's Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures (the third series should air in September) is a blurb from a spokeswoman confirming that "a script is in development" for a feature film treatment. No details beyond that, including who the Doctor will be. Tennant has three more specials yet to be seen, with the next, "Waters Of Mars", airing in November, After which he will be replaced by Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

Tucked away in a BBC article about David Tennant appearing in two episodes of Elisabeth Sladen's Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures (the third series should air in September) is a blurb from a spokeswoman confirming that "a script is in development" for a feature film treatment. No details beyond that, including who the Doctor will be. Tennant has three more specials yet to be seen, with the next, "Waters Of Mars", airing in November, After which he will be replaced by Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

Woot! Good eye for catching that.

hehehe this was me, not coffeejunkee :)

Pulling the ol' bait-and-switch, I see.:shaka:

On a side note, David Tennant is actually the only Doctor I know, but I still think he's awesome. If he was in this film, I would see it without hesitation.

since they already have the rest of David's episodes planned out , I am thinking that it will most likely feature the 11th doctor Matt Smith.

yays for Dr Twilight... lol Okay, I shouldn't pass judgement.

Surely I'm not the only one here who remembers Tom Baker? Or before that Jon Pertwee?? :anyone:

Those were the good old days when men were men, women were sidekicks, and Daleks were trash cans with plungers sticking out of them.

251px-10dr19.jpg

Last edited:
I resisted the new hour format of the latest Dr Who incarnation, watching the shorter and more serial version was a ritual for me and my father. But over the last week I watched the first three seasons on netflix and I have to say, its not bad.

Hey, Who is number 8? I don't think I have ever seen him.

Pulling the ol' bait-and-switch, I see.:shaka:

On a side note, David Tennant is actually the only Doctor I know, but I still think he's awesome. If he was in this film, I would see it without hesitation.

LOL didn't realize he was logged in. I love the ninth doc too, you should netflix em

yays for Dr Twilight... lol Okay, I shouldn't pass judgement.

He could be the best doc yet, who knows. Looks like they have a miss twilight as well. she looks 16. maybe they'll get jj abrahms to direct it this time. I'm not to worried, the BBC usually does a great job which is why we haven't watched an american network show in months.

Surely I'm not the only one here who remembers Tom Baker? Or before that Jon Pertwee?? :anyone:

Those were the good old days when men were men, women were sidekicks, and Daleks were trash cans with plungers sticking out of them.

heh, coffeejunkee could tell you a bit about the classic stuff, and most likely will...and the dalak still look like trashcans w/plungers just newer improved ones.

251px-10dr19.jpg

I resisted the new hour format of the latest Dr Who incarnation, watching the shorter and more serial version was a ritual for me and my father. But over the last week I watched the first three seasons on netflix and I have to say, its not bad.

Hey, Who is number 8? I don't think I have ever seen him.

I prefer the hour format, coffeejunkee prefers the old stuff. the8th doctor was only in the tv movie. he was played by paul mcgann, you didn't miss much.

251px-10dr19.jpg

I am a huge Doctor Who fan!. Although Tom Baker is by far the most popular of the "classic" Doctors he isnt actually my favorite. I am a Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee fan.... I never much cared for Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy and Peter Davison always left me a little flat.

If you havent watched Chris Eccelston's run on the Doctor you should. It's really very good.

I would wecome some lively Doctor discussion here at some point!

I never saw enough of Sylvester McCoy to decide how I felt about him. Colin really never worked for me. I started with Tom and - I think - I saw most of the series from that point on.

Thanks to netflix I am getting a chance to see the first three doctors. I had seen a few of the first and third, but am just now watching some of Troughton's tenure for the first time.

maybe its time to make a Whokulele. hmmmm...

I'm a bit afraid that with a young doctor and a young female companion, doctor who is going to become this horrible teenage yuckyness. I didn't think David Tennant would ever leave, and I'm just in a daze. Who knows what will become of our favourite scifigoodness.

But I actually think that the episodes are going to become a lot more scarier. If you look at the episodes Steven Moffat has written, they are always incredibly scary or real teer-jerkers (Yes, I cried with the girl in the fireplace. There's nothing embarrasing about crying with scifi-shows.)

I'm a bit afraid that with a young doctor and a young female companion, doctor who is going to become this horrible teenage yuckyness. I didn't think David Tennant would ever leave, and I'm just in a daze. Who knows what will become of our favourite scifigoodness.

But I actually think that the episodes are going to become a lot more scarier. If you look at the episodes Steven Moffat has written, they are always incredibly scary or real teer-jerkers (Yes, I cried with the girl in the fireplace. There's nothing embarrasing about crying with scifi-shows.)

I have the same reservations. I can not abide a Dr. Who romantically involved with a companion. I wasn't too crazy about the implied romance between Rose and the Doc. I have faith in the writers, we will see.

Moffat writes some good a$$ episodes. I cried when Donna lost her memory of the Doc. Absolutely no shame in that. :eek:. I loved their relationship, not a hint of romance just good ol friendship.

I hope Capt. Jack makes at least one appearance, I have a feeling John Barrowman is done with the Dr. Who universe...that makes me sad.

Last edited:
I loved their relationship, not a hint of romance just good ol friendship.

Same here. I'm still mad how they ended that run..

On a sidenote, Planet of the Dead is on my Tivo and I haven't had time to watch it!!!! /SADFACE

Top Bottom