PDA

View Full Version : A Doctor Who feature film in the works?

CoffeeJunkee
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Tucked away in a BBC article about David Tennant appearing in two episodes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8068435.stm)of Elisabeth Sladen's Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures (the third series should air in September) is a blurb from a spokeswoman confirming that "a script is in development" for a feature film treatment. No details beyond that, including who the Doctor will be. Tennant has three more specials yet to be seen, with the next, "Waters Of Mars", airing in November, After which he will be replaced by Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

khrome
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Tucked away in a BBC article about David Tennant appearing in two episodes (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8068435.stm)of Elisabeth Sladen's Who spinoff The Sarah Jane Adventures (the third series should air in September) is a blurb from a spokeswoman confirming that "a script is in development" for a feature film treatment. No details beyond that, including who the Doctor will be. Tennant has three more specials yet to be seen, with the next, "Waters Of Mars", airing in November, After which he will be replaced by Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor.

Woot! Good eye for catching that.

CoffeeJunkee
06-10-2009, 11:34 AM
awwk no more doc who till november, that doesn't seem fair

oooo a movie, lets hope its better than the last one.

CoffeeMate
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
awwk no more doc who till november, that doesn't seem fair

oooo a movie, lets hope its better than the last one.

hehehe this was me, not coffeejunkee :)

Captain Google
06-10-2009, 07:25 PM
hehehe this was me, not coffeejunkee :)

Pulling the ol' bait-and-switch, I see.:shaka:

On a side note, David Tennant is actually the only Doctor I know, but I still think he's awesome. If he was in this film, I would see it without hesitation.

CoffeeJunkee
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
since they already have the rest of David's episodes planned out , I am thinking that it will most likely feature the 11th doctor Matt Smith.

khrome
06-10-2009, 09:14 PM
yays for Dr Twilight... lol Okay, I shouldn't pass judgement.

DaveVisi
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Surely I'm not the only one here who remembers Tom Baker? Or before that Jon Pertwee?? :anyone:

Those were the good old days when men were men, women were sidekicks, and Daleks were trash cans with plungers sticking out of them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a7/10dr19.jpg/251px-10dr19.jpg

Yopparai
06-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I resisted the new hour format of the latest Dr Who incarnation, watching the shorter and more serial version was a ritual for me and my father. But over the last week I watched the first three seasons on netflix and I have to say, its not bad.

Hey, Who is number 8? I don't think I have ever seen him.

CoffeeMate
06-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Pulling the ol' bait-and-switch, I see.:shaka:

On a side note, David Tennant is actually the only Doctor I know, but I still think he's awesome. If he was in this film, I would see it without hesitation.

LOL didn't realize he was logged in. I love the ninth doc too, you should netflix em

yays for Dr Twilight... lol Okay, I shouldn't pass judgement.

He could be the best doc yet, who knows. Looks like they have a miss twilight as well. she looks 16. maybe they'll get jj abrahms to direct it this time. I'm not to worried, the BBC usually does a great job which is why we haven't watched an american network show in months.

Surely I'm not the only one here who remembers Tom Baker? Or before that Jon Pertwee?? :anyone:

Those were the good old days when men were men, women were sidekicks, and Daleks were trash cans with plungers sticking out of them.

heh, coffeejunkee could tell you a bit about the classic stuff, and most likely will...and the dalak still look like trashcans w/plungers just newer improved ones.

I resisted the new hour format of the latest Dr Who incarnation, watching the shorter and more serial version was a ritual for me and my father. But over the last week I watched the first three seasons on netflix and I have to say, its not bad.

Hey, Who is number 8? I don't think I have ever seen him.

I prefer the hour format, coffeejunkee prefers the old stuff. the8th doctor was only in the tv movie. he was played by paul mcgann, you didn't miss much.

CoffeeMate
06-11-2009, 06:27 AM

hmmm...reserving judgement

khrome
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM

hmmm...reserving judgement

Is this Miss Twilight whom you mentioned earlier? :)

I have faith in the BBC. I'm anticipating the new season, Twilight cast and all. lol

CoffeeMate
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Is this Miss Twilight whom you mentioned earlier? :)

I have faith in the BBC. I'm anticipating the new season, Twilight cast and all. lol

Yup it sure is. I too have faith in the BBC, they very rarely let us down

CoffeeJunkee
06-12-2009, 01:14 AM

I am a huge Doctor Who fan!. Although Tom Baker is by far the most popular of the "classic" Doctors he isnt actually my favorite. I am a Hartnell, Troughton and Pertwee fan.... I never much cared for Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy and Peter Davison always left me a little flat.

If you havent watched Chris Eccelston's run on the Doctor you should. It's really very good.

I would wecome some lively Doctor discussion here at some point!

CoffeeJunkee
06-12-2009, 01:18 AM
And if they turn this new Doctor/Companion relationship into another Rose-like situation I am finished....

Yopparai
06-12-2009, 02:48 AM
I never saw enough of Sylvester McCoy to decide how I felt about him. Colin really never worked for me. I started with Tom and - I think - I saw most of the series from that point on.

Thanks to netflix I am getting a chance to see the first three doctors. I had seen a few of the first and third, but am just now watching some of Troughton's tenure for the first time.

maybe its time to make a Whokulele. hmmmm...

MissMacadamia
08-12-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm a bit afraid that with a young doctor and a young female companion, doctor who is going to become this horrible teenage yuckyness. I didn't think David Tennant would ever leave, and I'm just in a daze. Who knows what will become of our favourite scifigoodness.

But I actually think that the episodes are going to become a lot more scarier. If you look at the episodes Steven Moffat has written, they are always incredibly scary or real teer-jerkers (Yes, I cried with the girl in the fireplace. There's nothing embarrasing about crying with scifi-shows.)

CoffeeMate
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm a bit afraid that with a young doctor and a young female companion, doctor who is going to become this horrible teenage yuckyness. I didn't think David Tennant would ever leave, and I'm just in a daze. Who knows what will become of our favourite scifigoodness.

But I actually think that the episodes are going to become a lot more scarier. If you look at the episodes Steven Moffat has written, they are always incredibly scary or real teer-jerkers (Yes, I cried with the girl in the fireplace. There's nothing embarrasing about crying with scifi-shows.)

I have the same reservations. I can not abide a Dr. Who romantically involved with a companion. I wasn't too crazy about the implied romance between Rose and the Doc. I have faith in the writers, we will see.

Moffat writes some good a$$ episodes. I cried when Donna lost her memory of the Doc. Absolutely no shame in that. :o. I loved their relationship, not a hint of romance just good ol friendship.

I hope Capt. Jack makes at least one appearance, I have a feeling John Barrowman is done with the Dr. Who universe...that makes me sad.

khrome
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I loved their relationship, not a hint of romance just good ol friendship.

Same here. I'm still mad how they ended that run..

On a sidenote, Planet of the Dead is on my Tivo and I haven't had time to watch it!!!! /SADFACE

CoffeeMate
08-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Same here. I'm still mad how they ended that run..

On a sidenote, Planet of the Dead is on my Tivo and I haven't had time to watch it!!!! /SADFACE

Oh it's so good, make time. November seems so far away.

ihavenotea
08-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Tennant has been so amazingly brilliant. I never thought I could have as much affection for another Doctor as I do for Tom Baker. But Tennant. Oh, man.

His ability to deliver that delicate balance of things that is The Doctor has been sublime. To be fair, he has had a lot of very good material to work with. But he has made it shine.

There has been more vocal cheering, shouting, crying, etc. in my home over that show than any other (and it got pretty intense during the penultimate episode of Dollhouse).

I don't know how I will handle his final episode. I get misty eyed just thinking about it. (Mostly I close my eyes and cover my ears and say "LALALALALA-Tennant-is-never-leaving".)

Man. It has been a really good run. I was hoping for more. Lot's more. Maybe, just maybe there is a film in the works and Tennant is in it (they could easily fit a film into one of the several places where he was companionless). It would make some sense… he couldn't be working on new episodes if he was working on a Film.

They better make it up to me and do something really cool like bring back Romana. She was left in N-Space, so therefore obviously immune to the problems that plague the rest of the Gallifreyians. I always thought it would be awesome if the brought her back and she was absolutely pissed at The Doctor about the whole Gallifry Time War incident.

…happy thought, don't think about tennant leaving, happy thoughts…

khrome
08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Not related... "ihavenotea" is the awesomest username evar!!!! :D

ihavenotea
08-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Not related... "ihavenotea" is the awesomest username evar!!!! :D

You can still experience the source (http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html). Check the bottom of the page for instructions on how to start the actuall game.

Good luck actually getting the Babble Fish.

UKISOCIETY
08-14-2009, 06:31 AM

They better make it up to me and do something really cool like bring back Romana. She was left in N-Space, so therefore obviously immune to the problems that plague the rest of the Gallifreyians. I always thought it would be awesome if the brought her back and she was absolutely pissed at The Doctor about the whole Gallifry Time War incident.....

Awesome idea! And it fits the storyline too. Although I think she put a restraining order on the 4th Doctor. :rolleyes:

khrome
08-14-2009, 06:43 AM
You can still experience the source (http://www.douglasadams.com/creations/infocomjava.html). Check the bottom of the page for instructions on how to start the actuall game.

Oh I know! I've had it bookmarked for a while but haven't had time to play. I actually finished the game back in the 80s - I used to play it from a 5 1/4" floppy but now I don't remember a lot of things. I remembered how to get the babblefish since it took me forever the first time. But when I played it recently, I got stuck at getting the nutrimat working.

CoffeeMate
08-14-2009, 04:53 PM

NO WAY! We were just talking about this game with our friend Mark last Tuesday. He and Dave are going to flip.
I never played it, I wasn't aware of the books till I picked them up at a book sale in my teens. Ima play it now, exciting Friday night hehheh.:smileybounce:

ihavenotea
08-14-2009, 06:47 PM
NO WAY! We were just talking about this game with our friend Mark last Tuesday. He and Dave are going to flip.
I never played it, I wasn't aware of the books till I picked them up at a book sale in my teens. Ima play it now, exciting Friday night hehheh.:smileybounce:

You are familiar with the Radio Series, yes? Of all things HHGTTG it is the greatest. If you have not, find a copy. Beg, borrow, steal, raid the BBC… but find a copy of the Radio Series (Not the television series. That has its own… charm? Well it has something, but it is not what you are looking for).

If you liked the books, you will love the Radio Series.

"Staring Peter Jones as 'The Book'"

Man, the cast is so amazing.

CoffeeMate
08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
You are familiar with the Radio Series, yes? Of all things HHGTTG it is the greatest. If you have not, find a copy. Beg, borrow, steal, raid the BBC… but find a copy of the Radio Series (Not the television series. That has its own… charm? Well it has something, but it is not what you are looking for).

If you liked the books, you will love the Radio Series.

"Staring Peter Jones as 'The Book'"

Man, the cast is so amazing.

We have it and the BBC tv series and the major motion picture. The radio show is the best of them all. The TV series has it's....moments

Sambient
12-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Waters Of Mars just aired here on BBCAmerica, so I figured I'd find whatever Doctor Who thread might be here and bumpity bump it.

I was really hoping that perhaps a smidgen of Jobim's Aguas de Marco was going to find a way into the score. Missed opportunity.
But naming the space station Bowie Base One satisfied my music fandom some.

bonden
12-19-2009, 10:05 PM
The Doctor. Doctor. Fun.

I never laughed so hard in my life. Looking forward to the Christmas Specials when he will knock four times...

khrome
02-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Wasn't the Christmas Special just EPIC???? They were so good! But I'm sad DT's reign is over...