Tenor Gig Bag Backpack...

Reaction score
San Jose, California via `Ewa Beach, O`ahu, Hawai`
aloha kakou

Not sure if I should have started this thread on this Board or the Marketplace, but I'm looking for a light gigbag that has two straps to be worn as a backpack. I don't need a hard case or semi hard case. I'd like something with light padding, light being the key word that can give minimal protection from the elements that i can transport on my skateboard and around campus. another option was using one of those drawstring backpacks.

I have the typical gigbag which i absolutely hate. too bulky/boxy. i also hate shoulder straps. (i have a bad shoulder from too many years of shorebreak)

i'd prefer a brick and mortar in the bay area (the `Ukulele Source only has shoulder strap ones), but wouldn't mind going online in a heartbeat.

mahalo nui loa a hui hou.

I have a Fender gig bag that has straps for backpack carrying. Tenor size. It's very light, but offers good protection. Don't know where you can get them though. Got mine with a trade.:eek:

mahalo HippieGuy. I sent an email to them and the reply was not very certain on to the fit. so i'm gonna sit on it for a bit. mahalo too e fhs i tried a search for the fender bag but nothing came up yet. here's hoping for it!

I have a poly foam case for my tenor that is designed to wear on your back, but it has just one strap that goes over one shoulder and across your chest and under the other arm (if that makes any sense) It's really light and also has a pouch on the out-side for cables, and books and stuff. I got it at a brick and mortar called George's Music, they also have a web page:

http://www.georgesmusiconline.com/product_info.php?cPath=100000700_100000703&products_id=88310

Really all you need is another strap like the shoulder strap to make it a backpack, thats what I did for my single Tenor bag I ended up getting a couple computer bag straps, alittle better padding.

I have a double Tenor bag so I can carry a Tenor and one of my Sopranos together that has 2 straps to wear as a backpack.

I got it from Denver Folklore Center where I get all my Ukulele stuff, a bunch of great guys there. If you call them ask for Jeff he is a Uke player and knows his stuff (he's the one that ordered my double bag, and is there wed.-sat.)
They don't have alot of stuff on their site but will ship.

http://www.denverfolklore.com/index.htm

Scott

I just picked up a padded gig bag type deal at Guitar Showcase on Bascom in San Jose a couple weeks ago. I think it came with the backpack type straps, not sure tho as I always take off straps immediately. Worth a shot, plenty killer instruments & amps to drool over and make the trip worthwhile if they don't have the case you're looking for...

mahalo HippieGuy. I sent an email to them and the reply was not very certain on to the fit. so i'm gonna sit on it for a bit. mahalo too e fhs i tried a search for the fender bag but nothing came up yet. here's hoping for it!

They have different gig bags at the Aloha Warehouse in San Francisco. The bags come with 2 clip on straps that you can take off, and a small zippered compartment on the outside. Basic Tenor gig bag $21.99, Deluxe $29.99.

+1 for Guitar Showcase. I got my Kala tenor gig bag there. I tried it with both straps on, but it's far more comfy with just one.

Top Bottom