Do you prefer to sing AND play, or just do instrumentals?

Do you sing AND play, or do you do instrumentals?

• I prefer to sing AND play.

Votes: 39 58.2%
  • I prefer to do instrumentals.

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters

ChiyoDad

Reaction score
YAS!! (Yet another survey)

This one is to satisfy my curiosity but I'm sure other folks may find its results interesting.

I don't sing. I just play instrumentals ... which is why I probably prefer fingerstyle. I wanted to find out what other folks strongest preferences are.

So, do you just play ... or do you sing and play?

For me, I play and sing. I give ultimate props to all of you with the fast fingers. I guess at 42 my arthritis is setting in.....nah, but I can't imagine trying the lightning fast runs and stretches across 6-7 frets.

i think scratching a chalk board sounds better than me singing. so i just pick at the uke...

i think scratching a chalk board sounds better than me singing.

123, BUT i like singing anyways cause is fun. im fine singing in front of others, except for my voice is horrible. i can barely talk correctly, lol.

aww.. do I have to pick?

I just love... playing... entertaining.... having an excuse to pick up my uke (of course.... who needs an excuse?)

I honestly can't choose between the two.... I love instrumental work, but singing is more fun in a way....

Gah.... I give up.

I enjoy singing and playing at the same time but I'm an absolutely horrible singer. When I play for my friends or family and I bust out my horrible singing voice but maintain a smile on my face I can usually get a good laugh out of everybody. I use my bogus singing as more of a laugh factor.

Just use your horrible singing to your advantage. A lot of people won't take you seriously for playing a uke in the first place so why take your singing seriously too right? Maybe its just me..

22_simoncowell_lgl.jpg

I was actually expecting the singers to edge-out the instrumentalists by a smidgen. I wonder if this guy has made folks a lot more conscious about whether or not what they do can be defined as "singing" (versus "howl", "wail", "primal scream", et al).

Judging from many of the eliminated contestants on American Idol, my guess is "Not!".

wow hard one

i honestly cant choose between the twoo...i guess it depends on the mood...sometimes the grace of just ukulele is the best sound in the world. specially when whoever playing is good at it...but the sound of two things going at once (voice and uke) can be aamazing as well...just like percussion and melody or bass and melody...personally i guess if whatever im playing sounds better without me...then thats how i like it better. and that is usually the case...and most times laziness to sing comes into affect....BOTH ARE FUN

Sing and play of course. Can't let that forced 6 months of vocal lessons go to waste. ;)

I like to do both, when its late i go instrumental, but in the day i sing and play

Top Bottom