Anyone found any Noobee Naturals

UkuEroll

Reaction score
At the weekend my brother in law walked in while I was playing my Uke, He has seen me playing before, but just joked about Formby and all that usual stuff, But this time he was surprised at the sound I was making as I was attempting Jakes Touch.
To cut a long story short, I said he could play a song with just three chords, he immediately picked up my old beater and asked me to show him some chords, I showed him C G and F, within 10 minutes he was playing along with me, I couldn't believe how quick he picked it up, his strumming was in time, he could change chords quick enough to keep up with simple tunes, by the end of the evening he was going through my wife song sheets on his own.
I've tried to teach quite a few people, but I've never come across anyone who picked it up so quickly.
What's most amazing is that he has never played any musical instruments in his life.
Some people are just naturals.

That is excellent...now make him buy his first uke (or Deach him) and he will be hooked! Muahhaha! our evil plan for world domination moves forward one case of UAS at a time!:biglaugh:

Some people have natural talent, some people know more than they let on and some people play other instruments like Ukulele's so they can pick up on things quickly.

Teaching him 3 chords, keeping in time and doing chord changes on time is good but I would expect that from anyone that might have played the guitar before too....

Teach him Bflat and see how well he does....

Some people have natural talent, some people know more than they let on and some people play other instruments like Ukulele's so they can pick up on things quickly.

Teaching him 3 chords, keeping in time and doing chord changes on time is good but I would expect that from anyone that might have played the guitar before too....

Teach him Bflat and see how well he does....

As I said before, he has never played anything, I can vouche for that I've know him since he was 20.

A person who has a natural aptitude, but doesn't work at it, will soon be left behind by the average Joe (or Josephine) who applies himself and sticks at it.

When you get the combination of aptitude AND dedicated self application, then the results will be impressive! I watched a TV programm two nights ago about exceptional young musicians. One was a girl who had been playing the harp for only three years - THREE YEARS! Her teacher said she hadn't seen anything unusual about her when she first started, aged about twelve. It didn't occur to her (the teacher) that she was anything special, until she noticed how the young girl concentrated on the task, and how quickly she was progressing.

If youngsters could only realise how much they might achieve, if they applied themselves.

I should talk!

John C.

That is excellent...now make him buy his first uke (or Deach him) and he will be hooked! Muahhaha! our evil plan for world domination moves forward one case of UAS at a time!:biglaugh:
I'm going to offer him my beater, I just hope he takes up my offer.
A person who has a natural aptitude, but doesn't work at it, will soon be left behind by the average Joe (or Josephine) who applies himself and sticks at it..
I Totally agree.
I watched a TV programm two nights ago about exceptional young musicians. One was a girl who had been playing the harp for only three years - THREE YEARS! Her teacher said she hadn't seen anything unusual about her when she first started, aged about twelve. It didn't occur to her (the teacher) that she was anything special, until she noticed how the young girl concentrated on the task, and how quickly she was progressing.

If youngsters could only realise how much they might achieve, if they applied themselves.

I should talk!

John C.

I watched that program too, they where all amazing young musicians.
But the young composer all though truly gifted, lacked alot in people skills.
It was funny watching those women bite there tongues.

I've noticed this in the classes I teach at camp. Some just have a natural ear. I (sort of) have one. But I am not that great... I get it form my grandpa. He is that way.

A friend of mine who played violin for years and kind of naturally picked the guitar along the way could play my uke like nobody's business. The only directions I gave her were "it's just transposed up from the top 4 strings of a guitar" and she was strumming like a mad-woman.

Partially it's talent, but partially it's well-trained string-instrument SKILLZ! (=determination/practice + talent) So it's talent TWICE?

Top Bottom