Uke players in the Philippines?

Ryuke

Reaction score
Are there any ukulele players in the Philippines here in ukulele underground?:)

Im also looking

hi, im a uke afficionado, from Quezon City. hopefully we can get to some good numbers.

Hey guys, I'm a Filipino living here in America and I have always wanted to ask someone this. Are there a lot of people who play the Uke today in the Philippines?

Everytime I bring my Uke to a Family reunion I would have a bunch of Titos and Titas grabbing it and playing the Uke in a beautiful Flamenco-Filipino style that is hard for me to explain. When I asked them where they learned it, they always said that Ukuele was big when they were younger.

Now when I ask my cousins in Manila they tell me that they don't see any Uke players or instruments for that matter. Are there players like the two of you and are there instrument makers who make Philippine brand Ukes. Any insight would be great.

uke players in the phils

first of, i would not claim to be a uke "player", but definitely im a fan. although i can play some tunes, im nowhere near "good". as for the thing with your titos, i have the same, i know some elderlies who can really make my uke sing! and they couldnt even read music, they said they just learned it when they were young. for uke makers, there's a luthier who's been recommended, try to search in the web Roadtone Guitars, i was able to talk to the maker some months ago, but i was not able to push thru. he's pretty famous among local rock artists here, had been featured in the news, i remember. also, the lumanog stores in sta. mesa accept custom made ukes as well, just don't buy their off-the-shelf ukes, they're just really for souvenirs. last time i asked, a custom mahogany uke costs around P7,000.00 only, compared to Roadtone (i heard) which costs about P15-25,000.00.

Hi ! I'm new on this forum
Are there cebuano ukulele players here?
im new to uke..and i cant even play
a guitar...hehe
i got my uke a month ago...i cant play it well...im still practizing my fingers..
hope to see you guys...
BTW,i bougth my uke at a.salonga for 430pesos....i dont know if this is good for its price...

edit:
this is my first post.hehe

just recently started playing maybe 2 to 3 weeks. By the way Im from the north

Top Bottom