Damn UAS

Honu

Reaction score
I was walking around McCabe''s in Santa Monica, a great store for any instrument available, when something caught my eye. It was a Fluke that seemed to call out my name.

I've had a Fluke before, didn't really like it because it just didn't sound or feel right, so I sold it. But as I approached this Fluke something about it just made me want to pick it up. When I strummed it I was hooked.

Tenor Fluke with mahogany-laminate soundboard, rosewood fretboard, walnut neck and a natural wood bridge. The sound is nice and bright with a warm rich feel to it.

I was not expecting to buy anything but like I said... Damn UAS!!!

Oops... forgot the pictures. :D

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 51
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
NICE! I hope the Tiki Gods of price were on your side. :p

Well... the list price at Flea Market is $299.00. Let's just say I paid less than that.:D

I played a deluxe Fluke like that this weekend at the UWC. Really impressive. I'm a huge fan. They are very underrated instruments.

Loud, perfect intonation, tough, very playable. Just a great axe.

I played a deluxe Fluke like that this weekend at the UWC. Really impressive. I'm a huge fan. They are very underrated instruments.

Loud, perfect intonation, tough, very playable. Just a great axe.

I must admit...my curiosity on these is high.
It seems many here own them and that speaks volumes.

I won't buy one without having played one and I don't see that happening any time soon lol.

They dont stock these (or many other brands) in NYC. :rolleyes:

Tenor Fluke with mahogany-laminate soundboard, rosewood fretboard, walnut neck and a natural wood bridge. The sound is nice and bright with a warm rich feel to it.
Nice. After a year with a Fluke, I'm sorely tempted by the rosewood fretboard, myself. Unfortunately for me (or perhps fortunately), my UAS has taken me down different roads. But another Fluke still looks on my horizon.​

I just ordered another Flea, Concert this time with all the upgrades on it. I already have 2 plastic fret Soprano one's, one with pickup, and I want to decorate one of them and that's the only excuse I needed to get another one.:) Just incase I mess it up:mad:

I was going to go for a Tenor Fluke but will wait until I actually try one out because it might be a little bit to big.

I was walking around McCabe''s in Santa Monica, a great store for any instrument available, ... I was not expecting to buy anything but like I said... Damn UAS!!!

Let's see, that would be like me going into an ice cream shop with no intention of buying any ice cream. :)

Living in Oklahoma, I have no problem staying away from music stores that carry quality ukes. But there's always the Internet!

Let's see, that would be like me going into an ice cream shop with no intention of buying any ice cream. :)

Living in Oklahoma, I have no problem staying away from music stores that carry quality ukes. But there's always the Internet!

You're right I should have known I was getting myself in trouble.:D I was actually there because my brother was going to but this Guitar he had seen the last time he went. He walked out with nothing and I left with my new Fluke. I guess it's just one of those things.:p

Nice. After a year with a Fluke, I'm sorely tempted by the rosewood fretboard, myself. Unfortunately for me (or perhps fortunately), my UAS has taken me down different roads. But another Fluke still looks on my horizon.​

The rosewood fretboard really does complete the Fluke. It adds that missing element that I felt when I was playing my original fluke.

I really want to play one of those Mahogany Flukes. Of course, I'm also jonesing for a mahogany concert Mainland. Ohhh, the pains!

Nice Ukulele! I never cared much for the look of Fluke's myself but that is a nice looking axe.:shaka:

I have 2 Ukulele's myself a Mango Tenor Tangi & Koa 6 string Concert from Mele and I am thinking of building a Sprano. My sickness isn't UAS but MAS, Model (as in Plastic Scale Model) Acquistion Syndrome. I have over 200 unbuilt kits. I average about 6-8 builds a year so I know I'll never build all of them, but the wife knows where I am and what I am doing..... :wtf: Can that be a good thing?:rolleyes:

Sweet! Love the mahogany top. I'm getting that or the surf pattern when I take the plunge and get a tenor Fluke.

Spooner: Mandolin Bros. on Staten Island sells Flukes/Fleas (they also have Kamakas!). Last I checked, they only had some solid colors with plastic fretboards, but you can still take them for a spin to get a feel for them. :D I wonder if Flea Market Music has a factory tour/outlet/some way to try the instruments in person at their headquarters in CT.

Oh but they do...

I must admit...my curiosity on these is high.
It seems many here own them and that speaks volumes.

I won't buy one without having played one and I don't see that happening any time soon lol.

They dont stock these (or many other brands) in NYC. :rolleyes:

I just saw one of these at Manny's Guitar on 48th street... go upstairs.

I ended up walking away with a flea which I really like a lot. (but it does have its limitations.

Top Bottom