Help Brittni Pick a Song for AMERICAN IDOL

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
Brittni is AUDITIONING FOR Amer-Freakin-Idol

So those of you who have been following or have at least watched one of my videos, know my girlfriend Brittni. She's my singer and she's the one that makes me sound gooooood.

Well, it's been her dream to audition for American Idol.. wouldn't you know it.. Their first stop this year, is in Boston!

This Sunday, June 14th, Brittni is trying out.. she's really nervous for two reasons:

She's fighting a pretty bad cold. She has bad allergies and they've been annoying her for the last week. She's literally taking every drug that's legal to get better in time for her audition.

And she doesn't know what song to pick.. So, in hopes of helping her out, we made a video. In hopes of getting feedback from the UU community, and hopefully picking a song or two to stick with during the audition.

So, please UU, go and watch her video.. Remember she is sick so her voice is no where close to 100%.. but she's still determined to try out. Any feedback whether it's a song choice, song suggestion, or even good luck. Just leave something to help her confidence, and to help her decision.

Help Brittni Pick Her Audition Songs

Thank you to everyone who looks at this, and I wanted to post the video her first because UU feels like my home. :D I'm sure whatever you guys say will help her out tremendously.

:shaka:

Wish her luck!

Good luck Brittni!

Who else thought this was gonna be about Brittni Paiva?

Who else thought this was gonna be about Brittni Paiva?

[Raises hand...]

Then I realized that Paiva would be better suited for "America's Got Talent".

Anyhoo... good luck Other Brittni!

JJ

Good luck! Are you allowed to say if you got in or not? Or is there some privacy mumbo jumbo crap?

I would choose either "So Small," or "Broken Road." I think Brittni's voice and look go well with country.

If I were to choose any song for her, I'd keep it young, upbeat, and country. Something like "You Belong With Me," by Taylor Swift.

Thanks for the input Seeso and Coffee! I'll have her try those songs and keep in mind with those tips.

Thanks to everyone for good luck wishes, she really appreciated them all. She's feeling better but not 100% I think she'll be fine for sunday though.

Not sure if we can say she got in or not.. if we make it on tv ill do my best to try and pitch ukuleleunderground lol.. i will be bringing the uke to keep us company while we wait

I posted this on the main forum but thought I should post it on here as well, this being the video/link thread and all..

Basically Brittni is trying out for American Idol this sunday, she's stuck on what songs to pick for her audition. So I got her get infront of the camera and she sang some songs she is considering. I've already get some responses and suggestions for her, but the more the merrier.

Please if you haven't seen it yet, give the video a look and send some feedback for her.

Thanks!

Brittni

Has she tried that Taylor Swift song yet?

I could barely hear the vid and I had my computer volume and my youtube volume cranked all the way up. But I did see the song selections. I'd go with Carrie or Rascal Flats, or like Seeso said - something by Taylor Swift. I have a feeling the judges will say Amazing Grace is too old fashioned for her age. And Alicia Keys is one of those "untouchables" like Mariah and Witney. You already have points against you if you pick a song by them.

Other than that - my tip is make it your own. Also, don't just sing the words - know the meaning of the song, put yourself in that person's shoes and be like an actress, letting the emotions of the words come out.

Good luck!

A song recommendation would be much easier knowing her style of voice, range, level of control, etc...

Nevertheless... good luck.

Just watch the video.

Pippin -
She doesn't really get into the technical parts of it. In her words "I just sing" From what I can tell you though, she's a soprano. She sings any genre, and she can make her voice do whatever she wants, granted she's not sick.

Seeso -
She's been trying that taylor swift song you said off and on, I'm not sure what she thinks of it. Seems to be a really good video song but not a performance though.. i'm gonna try to get her to upload a video if she feels like singing later. we tried last night but youtube was being funny.

Top Bottom