Stars & Stripes Forever

Dominator

Reaction score
Hey all, I finally got a new camera. Just a Sony Minicam but the audio is much better than the old analog machine. I got it Saturday but didn't have a chance to mess with it with the Open Mic going on and then Easter Sunday and all. So I had some time tonight to test it out and do a quick video of Stars & Stripes.

I need to figure out how to brighten the video during the capture process. It is much brighter on the tape than what went into the puter. I'm using Pinnacle Studio Plus 9.5 to capture in case someone has any experience with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZxZJkijjwA

Last edited:
This is cool - has a good tone and it doesn't look easy. Your right hand is crazy o_O

Thats cool DOm :)

Wow thats sooooo cool. I enjoyed that a lot more than I should have. Gnarly strumming! :eek:

Camera looked great and the audio was nice and crisp. What kind of coin did you have to drop on it?

Last edited:
Wow thats sooooo cool. I enjoyed that a lot more than I should have. Gnarly strumming! :eek:

Camera looked great and the audio was nice and crisp. What kind of coin did you have to drop on it?

The video cam cost me less than $250 out the door at Circuit City with a 3 pack of tape. Not a bad value.

Great stuff, video looks good too -- much better sync than whatever you were using before -- I'm glad you mentioned the low-light thing -- I thought it was me :rolleyes:

I need to figure out how to brighten the video during the capture process. It is much brighter on the tape than what went into the puter. I'm using Pinnacle Studio Plus 9.5 to capture in case someone has any experience with it.
I haven't used Pinnacle Studio, but if you're importing from digital video (DV tape), then you need to find out how to apply a digital effect to the clip after it's imported. There should be one that will adjust the brightness and contrast.

I find it odd that it looks darker in Pinnacle than on the camcorder, though.

Thanks Andrew. I figured it out last night. It is in the Color Effect. It has a brightness slider that fixes it up. I will use this when necessary in future videos.

Great job Dom.

Top Bottom