YouTube and the Uke Orchestra of GB

Jerryc41

Reaction score
If you haven't seen the members of the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain showing off their ukulele collections, you should take a look. I posted a link the other day, and I keep coming across more members.

Pete Howlett, a builder in Wales, seems popular with the group, as is Martin, Bruko, and Kala. Their ukes get damaged because they travel so much.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hesters+ukulele+collection+

It's interesting that several brands such as Bushman crop up from the years when decent ukes were not easy to find, but remained favourites. On the whole they don't seem at all precious about their instruments or bothered with brand snobbery: they like a uke or don't.

It's interesting that several brands such as Bushman crop up from the years when decent ukes were not easy to find, but remained favourites. On the whole they don't seem at all precious about their instruments or bothered with brand snobbery: they like a uke or don't.

They're professional performers. They're not going to traveling around with $5,000 ukes, although they may have them stashed away at home. : )

As George will tell you from first hand experience, it's far less painful to replace a stolen Kala than a stolen Howlett. Though it is a great honour to have made for many of them, none are endorsees of my work - they are more like ambassadors and friends, for it is impossible to do business with them and not be charmed into their circle. Thanks guys for 26 years of support and belief in my work.

Top Bottom