Zee Avi

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
I just met singer/songwriter Zee Avi here at the station. She was playing a live set and of course a co-worker came and got me when she pulled out her ukulele. Here's video with her uke (at the 6:00 mark). She's very sweet and cute and the tiniest person I may have ever met. Her voice reminds me of Nora Jones. AND she knows Seeso! Gotta like her now!!:)

I've been following her (not in the stalker way of course) since she was knwon as kokokaina on youtube and has sbeen a fan of her work. Her playing seems simple but add that to her unique voice, well... she's great. I bought her CD two weeks ago and have been listening to it on my iPod on and off.:D

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for posting -- she's great! I'll be following her to now (uhh, yeah not in that stalker kind of way :p)...

I remember when she had less than 100 subscribers. We've spent many hours Skyping halfway across the world. Transcendent voice, amazing songwriter, and an even better person. Couldn't be more happier for her and her most deserved success.

Top Bottom