NUD posts are fun to read; what if there's a soundclip attached?

clear

Reaction score
I like reading NUD posts. To be able to share in the excitement and enjoyment of a new ukulele event is a good feeling.

There are usually lots of photos attached to each NUD post, and I love looking at those nice-looking ukes.

I'm wondering, since the camera/phone is already out, how about recording a quick sound clip too?

Then we can hear that new ukulele, even if out-of-tune slightly, it'll be neat.

To put my money where my mouth is, I've updated my NUD post with a sound sample.
https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?146731-NUD-Kamaka-HF-2
(I hope others agree that having a little sound adds something more to the NUD experience.)

Last edited:
I've been away from this forum for some years until a week or so ago. The term NUD has puzzled me. I'm guessing the N stands for new, the U for ukulele. Is D for discussion?

New Ukulele Day. Basically an owner drooling all over their new instrument! :drool:

I'm totally in favour of this, particularly as I've done a few NUD posts quite recently. I've added a sound sample on my Timms NUD post.

I've been hesitant regarding sound samples because I don't have any real recording equipment, but I tested recording with just my phone and the quality was surprisingly good (as it is with your HF-2 sound sample) so I'll be doing some recording from now on. :)

I'm not a skilled player by any stretch but I always like providing a sound sample both for NUDs and when I sell something. My Pohaku NUD has a sound sample and I may add a few more demoing it with different strings. I know when I'm uke shopping I always find it helpful when I'm able to dig up sound samples that others have done.

Top Bottom