PONO PSMP SOLID MANGO PINEAPPLE SOPRANO VS KoAloha Standard SOPRANO KOA UKULELE KSM-0

Those are 2 totally different ukes. If you can, go play them both and pick the one you feel more comfortable with and sounds better to your ear. I would personally go with the Ko'aloha, but the Pono is an excellent uke. For the price of the Pono, I would also look at a Kamaka Pineapple.

hey danged thanks alot for your input..i've been able to play the ko'aloha and really enjoyed it but havent been able to play the pono..when you say totally different could you explain a little more? thank you so much

hey danged thanks alot for your input..i've been able to play the ko'aloha and really enjoyed it but havent been able to play the pono..when you say totally different could you explain a little more? thank you so much

Pineapple ukes have a different sound than regular sopranos (usually louder), and Mango sounds brighter than Mahogany (warmer). The comparable model to the Ko'aloha KSM00 would be the Pono PSO. Hope that helps.

I have had 2 standard Ko'aloha's now and 1 pineaple and don't like them at all because I had issues with all of them.

Bought from a very well known retailer as well.

Each to his own though and they are very popular.

Top Bottom