G chord without D

PuresGras

Reaction score
the title is the question, how that kind of chord called?

is ther any site where i can type notes in and it will tell me the chord?

big thx

greetz )

If I'm understanding you correctly and you're playing X032, I'd call that a Cmaj7(no 3rd).

Can you give us more to go on? What are the four strings tuned to? Is 230 the lower three? Top three? Counting from which direction?

From what I can tell, a 230 chord rather than 232 comes up "incomplete" when played 0032. When played 0230 it comes up as Gsus2 or Dsus

See for yourself:
http://chordfind.com/4-string/

What's that chord?

You're playing C-G-B.

C-G would be a C5 chord, and adding B would make it a C5maj7 chord, if such a thing exists.

I don't think you can invert C-G-B to any kind of G chord that makes sense. Adding C to a G major chord would make it a G11th chord, but it would be more common to keep the D and replace the B with a C (G-D-F-C), which is actually G7sus4.

I think your best bet is to know your chords from music theory. It's less than an hour of reading material, so it's not that complicated.

sorry for express it very vague...
it was in some of aldrines lessons, it was a picking part of the CEA sites in a GCEA tuning.
it was |x032|G|Em|

the question wasnt very good formulated, but anyway, thx for ur help )

greetz

Okay, that explains it. It doesn't really seem to be a "chord" but it probably a transitional phrase between two other chords.

Top Bottom