Sukie's 1000th post contest winners

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've recovered from my trip and I'm ready to announce the winners. I put on 1,440 miles -- round trip. Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I only got to one place that was suggested. Holy cow, it feels like I was always driving -- and only stopping for gas. It was a fabulous trip though and I saw stuff I've never seen before. Suggestion of my own: If you are ever in the Elizabeth, Illinois area, you gotta go up to the ridge and take a look around. The scenery was incredible!!! It was a highlight.
Anyway -- back to the contest --

First place goes to Seeso for his Millenium Park suggestion. The bean sculpture is really cool. The park was great and I had a great time there, even though I was by myself.

Second place goes to MrsMeyerMusic for her suggestion to go to Canal Park in Indianapolis. I would have loved to do that but I was way behind schedule. What's new there, though?

Third place goes to Hankthetank for his suggestion of a hot dog drive-in north of O'Hare. I thought about that place a lot. I hardly had any food during the trip and was hungry most of the time. I'm sure I would have loved it. I was banned from drive-ins as a young girl after I spilled my butterscotch malt in my Grandpa's new car.

I'll keep all the suggestions in case I ever travel that way again. Next year I'm flying to get to the UWC. Somebody can pick me up!

Seeso, you win the G.C. and a trinket from my travels. (not from Mainland)
MrsMeyerMusic, you win a clip-on tuner. (from Mainland)
Hankthetank, you win a Uke hanger that attaches to a music stand. (from Mainland)

Thanks to everybody for entering. If you are a winner, please PM me your address so I can get stuff in the mail to you.

Sukie

Congrats to the winners!

Top Bottom