Shout out to Gaithersburg Uke Fest peeps

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
I just participated in Vinicius Vivas’ Bossa Nova ‘ukulele workshop last night; it was hosted by the Gaithersburg Uke Fest folks. It was wonderful! The Gaithersburg Uke Fest peeps have been hosting a ton of awesome performance jams and workshops ever since COVID hit; I just want to give a big shout out to them for helping support artists and our ‘ukulele community at large!

The same huge shout outs go to so many others out there who are also hosting and giving us incredible online content, e.g., Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel - and all of the countless others who are organizing and hosting online fests, workshops, jams, etc. - thank you so much for supporting the ‘ukulele community and the artists!

I’d also like to give a big shout out to YorkSteve, Mezcalero, and UkeFoote for hosting the weekly UU Seasonista online Zoom sessions!

Do you have someone, or a group, you want to give a shout out to? I’d love to hear about others’ experiences!

Hey, guys! I’d still love to hear your shout-outs to those who are creating ‘ukulele events and opportunities for us all! Let’s keep this thread going so that others will become aware of all of the good going on out there in our ukulele community! Plus, it will also give others ideas about what ‘ukulele events they can participate in as well! Keep the love flowing, here! :)

Big shout out to Ukulele Catskill. Thanks to UU member Jerry Curtis for sharing about this group. Open mic on Wednesdays & jam on Saturdays. An absolute lifesaver for me. I recently started dropping in to Tiki Dave’s Ukuleleville Jam on Fridays. Also a great experience. I’ve done 2 Chee & Maisel workshops. Stu Fuchs workshop next month.

Top Bottom