PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

UkuleleHill
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
I am addicted to this show... I've never really been into Vampire flicks... But this one got me! Anyone else?

Spooner
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I have been very much looking forward to the start of the second season this Sunday.

I got into this one late in the season last year but caught up on all of the episodes in time for 2-3 before the finale.

LOVE it!!

Anna Paquin.....schwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LindsayOfSaturn
06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
I love this show! Yay I cant wait till sunday.

RON<>VA
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I love the show. My wife hates the show! Ying & Yang

wickedwahine11
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I saw the first four episodes of the first season (waiting on Netflix to send me the next DVD to see the next couple). I also read the first book in the series the show is based on. Okay, I absolutely HATED the first two episodes, didn't really mind the next two. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching the next DVD, but not enough to subscribe to HBO to see the current season beginning this weekend.

UkuleleHill
06-13-2009, 06:58 AM
Don't wait! Watch them all now before tomorrow!

Watch Now! (http://tvshack.net/tv/True_Blood/)

ukulelebadass
06-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah, great show! The Jace Everett song in the beginning is fun to play too.

UkuleleHill
06-13-2009, 09:43 AM

Yeah I love all the music on the series for the most part!

UkuleleHill
06-13-2009, 09:45 AM
I really like how they have chaged some of the lore, made it their own. Its interesting, the crosses not actually working, and the mirrors and such. Never thought of those possibilities :)

CoffeeMate
06-13-2009, 04:40 PM
It's a good one alright. The acting, writing, music is superb and it has pretty people to look at. I love what they have done with the mythos. The only thing that gets on my nerves is how Bill says Sookie. Let's see if I can imitate it in text form. It goes something like sssukkey... annoying. Sam is my favorite character, I'm really looking forward to see more of that unfold. I think I'll netflix the 1st season, since we don't have cable and have to wait for a friend of ours to tape the new season for us. I need a true blood fix.

UkuleleHill
06-14-2009, 03:50 PM
It's a good one alright. The acting, writing, music is superb and it has pretty people to look at. I love what they have done with the mythos. The only thing that gets on my nerves is how Bill says Sookie. Let's see if I can imitate it in text form. It goes something like sssukkey... annoying. Sam is my favorite character, I'm really looking forward to see more of that unfold. I think I'll netflix the 1st season, since we don't have cable and have to wait for a friend of ours to tape the new season for us. I need a true blood fix.

The link above has all of the episodes online, you can watch for free ;)

I also agree the Sookie pronunciation is annoying... I tell myself that he is from another time...

CoffeeMate
06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
The link above has all of the episodes online, you can watch for free ;)

I also agree the Sookie pronunciation is annoying... I tell myself that he is from another time...

Oh lookie a link right in front of my face lol, thanks for pointing it out:o

I hear the first episode had some fantasmal musak in it. and nudity. Our cable show hook up (aka mark) really enjoyed those parts :) can't wait for my first 6 episode vhs tape.

Spooner
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Here's an interesting factoid I found.

Bill the lead vampire in the series aka Steven Moyer is a ukin' dude!!!

Yep...the blood sucking freak plays the ukulele!!

Anna Paquin, who is his "real life" human...has his playing on her iTunes playlist.

Number 15:

15. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley: “I love this song but not as much as I love my boyfriend’s cover on his ukulele. He has an extraordinary voice.”

Check out the whole article here: http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/alan-ball/itunes-playlists-of-the-true-blood-cast

CoffeeMate
09-26-2009, 03:35 AM
OMG, second season was SO good. Reading the books now. If you haven't read them the first one is nearly word for word the first season. The second book has some of the same elements, but is different enough to enjoy. Starting on the third now.

wickedwahine11
09-26-2009, 05:12 AM
OMG, second season was SO good. Reading the books now. If you haven't read them the first one is nearly word for word the first season. The second book has some of the same elements, but is different enough to enjoy. Starting on the third now.

I agree, the books are really good. I haven't seen the second season of the show, only the first, but I loved the books. I also recommend the Harper Connelly series by the same author, Charlaine Harris.

Team Eric, woo hoo! And everyone tells me that will solidify after I see the second season.

pamelamama
09-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Those are my favorite books, I just adore them. I have a hard time watching because I keep comparing with the books!

CoffeeMate
09-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I agree, the books are really good. I haven't seen the second season of the show, only the first, but I loved the books. I also recommend the Harper Connelly series by the same author, Charlaine Harris.

Team Eric, woo hoo! And everyone tells me that will solidify after I see the second season.

I'll definitely have to check those out when I'm done with these.

Yes, Go team Eric! He became one of my favorite characters this season, more so since I started the books. Plus the actor they have playin him...hot damn :drool:

Those are my favorite books, I just adore them. I have a hard time watching because I keep comparing with the books!

I can imagine that. Although I don't mind the changes at all. It would be a pretty boring show if it stuck with the books to closely. I don't think they could have made 12 episodes if they didn't expand, elaborate, or completely change some things. The books only average around 300ish pages after all.

WARNING SEASON 2 SPOILER BELOW

I would have been real pissed if they killed off Lafayette in the series. He one of my favorites. Didn't care about it in the books since he's only in it for a couple passages.

ukulelehoo
09-26-2009, 08:15 AM
I think the books are much better than the series, and I hate how they've deviated so much from the books. I'm wondering how the Eric storyline is going to play out in the books and on the show.

I think they did great casting with Sam on the show. Especially since from reading the books I kept imagining Danny Bonaduce. LOL.

ukulelehoo
09-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Don't wait! Watch them all now before tomorrow!

Watch Now! (http://tvshack.net/tv/True_Blood/)

ARGH this link was full of pop ups and spam when I clicked one of the episodes! Just warning you.

UkuleleHill
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM

What is the name of the True Blood book series?

UkuleleHill
09-26-2009, 04:45 PM
ARGH this link was full of pop ups and spam when I clicked one of the episodes! Just warning you.

I have found that mega video options are less likely to have that problem. At least it does for me...

pamelamama
09-26-2009, 04:50 PM

The Author is Charlaine Harris and the books are called the Sookie Stackhouse or Southern Vampire something or other like that. :)

mrUKETOBER
09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
i want to read the books too... i loved this show and will love the books because i am kinda into the whole vampire movie thing and not to mention .. the show took place 2 hours from my house :D so it was pretty cool to see

ukulelehoo
09-26-2009, 05:51 PM

It's known as the Sookie Stackhouse series aka Southern Vampire Mysteries, written by Charlaine Harris. The first book is called Dead Until Dark. You can sometimes find it at Target in the paperback section near all the romance novels.

CoffeeMate
09-26-2009, 06:03 PM

I'm half way though the third book now. I see what you mean. I have a feeling I'm still going to adore the show. I wonder where they are going to take series 3?? Hmmm

i want to read the books too... i loved this show and will love the books because i am kinda into the whole vampire movie thing and not to mention .. the show took place 2 hours from my house :D so it was pretty cool to see

I'm sure it was! cool to see that is :)

mrUKETOBER
09-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm half way though the third book now. I see what you mean. I have a feeling I'm still going to adore the show. I wonder where they are going to take series 3?? Hmmm

I'm sure it was! cool to see that is :)

theyre going to take it to network cable so it wont be as good.. or at least thats what a friend of mine that works on the set told me last year.. all the stuff that makes it good will be cut out

CoffeeMate
09-26-2009, 06:41 PM
theyre going to take it to network cable so it wont be as good.. or at least thats what a friend of mine that works on the set told me last year.. all the stuff that makes it good will be cut out

Sigh, there goes a perfectly good show. Hope that's not true.

FYI, here's a rundown of the books in order

1. Dead Until Dark
2. Living Dead in Dallas
3. Club Dead
4. Dead to The World
5. Dead as a Door Nail
6. Definitely Dead
7. All Together Dead
8. From Dead to Worse
9. Dead and Gone
10. I don't know but it is coming out this year

ukulelehoo
09-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Sigh, there goes a perfectly good show. Hope that's not true.

FYI, here's a rundown of the books in order

1. Dead Until Dark
2. Living Dead in Dallas
3. Club Dead
4. Dead to The World
5. Dead as a Door Nail
6. Definitely Dead
7. All Together Dead
8. From Dead to Worse
9. Dead and Gone
10. I don't know but it is coming out this year

The one that is coming out this year is called A Touch of Dead. It's only a collection of short stories. For example one is a story about Sookie's cousin Hadley before she died. It's not a continuation of the series.

The next sequel is slated to be released in May 2010 according to the author's website.

Hankthetank
09-28-2009, 05:49 AM
I met Sukie from UU over the weekend at the Milwaukee Ukulele Fest. I couldn't help but pronounce it like I was Bill Compton-Soookie.

Maybe I should read the entire thread, but what did everyone think about this Season's finale? I was underwhelmed with it. I look forward to next season though.

CoffeeMate
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
I was fine with the finale. I was talking with a girl at work about it before I got around to watching it so I already knew not to expect much from it anyway. I didn't think the finale to the first season was so fantastic either.

I'm afraid it I met Sukie I would do the same thing...Soookie.

whetu
09-30-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm personally over the whole vampire thing (especially the Twilight series... what mindless garbage!) that's going on at the moment and I wish that Blade would just finish them all off already but...

Anna Paquin.....schwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. Born in crazy Canada land, but she grew up literally 2 minutes drive from where I live :D

sebi
09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
My wife is all into Vampire movies, so I decided to get the first season of True Blood for her. We watched the first three episodes and we were both hooked! It's really cool. And the intro song is simply amazing! "I wanna do bad things with you!" The coolest line in a song since Sexual Healing ;-)

monay
10-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I also read the first book in the series the show is based on. Okay, I absolutely HATED the first two episodes, didn't really mind the next two. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching the next DVD, but not enough to subscribe to HBO to see the current season beginning this weekend. I have the same opinion

one tree hill series (http://www.dvdcollectionsale.com/One-Tree-Hill-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-DVD-1676.html)
one tree hill dvd for sale (http://www.dvdcollectionsale.com/One-Tree-Hill-Seasons-1-6-DVD-Boxset-DVD-1676.html)

ukulelegal
11-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I love the books...read each atleast six times. Can't stand the show because it deviates from the books. But I almost never like the movies as well as the books.

JCUK
11-26-2009, 08:51 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but can anyone tell me the chords to this song? Thanks. :)

spacecakegirl
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I really like True Blood because it's more than the inevitably hot and rich vampires that are sweeping the nation.

I love the parallels they make between vampire rights and the various civil rights movements that have hit the world over the years (I LOVE the "GOD HATES FANGS" sign during the intro). That political awareness is really awesome to see. Also, becoming a vampire on True Blood does not instantly make you into a sex goddess. If you're a couch potato looking human, you're a couch potato looking vampire.

I appreciate that :D