True Blood

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
I am addicted to this show... I've never really been into Vampire flicks... But this one got me! Anyone else?

I love this show! Yay I cant wait till sunday.

I saw the first four episodes of the first season (waiting on Netflix to send me the next DVD to see the next couple). I also read the first book in the series the show is based on. Okay, I absolutely HATED the first two episodes, didn't really mind the next two. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching the next DVD, but not enough to subscribe to HBO to see the current season beginning this weekend.

Yeah, great show! The Jace Everett song in the beginning is fun to play too.

I really like how they have chaged some of the lore, made it their own. Its interesting, the crosses not actually working, and the mirrors and such. Never thought of those possibilities :)

It's a good one alright. The acting, writing, music is superb and it has pretty people to look at. I love what they have done with the mythos. The only thing that gets on my nerves is how Bill says Sookie. Let's see if I can imitate it in text form. It goes something like sssukkey... annoying. Sam is my favorite character, I'm really looking forward to see more of that unfold. I think I'll netflix the 1st season, since we don't have cable and have to wait for a friend of ours to tape the new season for us. I need a true blood fix.

It's a good one alright. The acting, writing, music is superb and it has pretty people to look at. I love what they have done with the mythos. The only thing that gets on my nerves is how Bill says Sookie. Let's see if I can imitate it in text form. It goes something like sssukkey... annoying. Sam is my favorite character, I'm really looking forward to see more of that unfold. I think I'll netflix the 1st season, since we don't have cable and have to wait for a friend of ours to tape the new season for us. I need a true blood fix.

The link above has all of the episodes online, you can watch for free ;)

I also agree the Sookie pronunciation is annoying... I tell myself that he is from another time...

The link above has all of the episodes online, you can watch for free ;)

I also agree the Sookie pronunciation is annoying... I tell myself that he is from another time...

Oh lookie a link right in front of my face lol, thanks for pointing it out:eek:

I hear the first episode had some fantasmal musak in it. and nudity. Our cable show hook up (aka mark) really enjoyed those parts :) can't wait for my first 6 episode vhs tape.

Here's an interesting factoid I found.

Bill the lead vampire in the series aka Steven Moyer is a ukin' dude!!!

Yep...the blood sucking freak plays the ukulele!!

Anna Paquin, who is his "real life" human...has his playing on her iTunes playlist.

Number 15:

15. Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley: “I love this song but not as much as I love my boyfriend’s cover on his ukulele. He has an extraordinary voice.”

Check out the whole article here: http://www.trueblood-online.com/cast-crew/alan-ball/itunes-playlists-of-the-true-blood-cast

OMG, second season was SO good. Reading the books now. If you haven't read them the first one is nearly word for word the first season. The second book has some of the same elements, but is different enough to enjoy. Starting on the third now.

OMG, second season was SO good. Reading the books now. If you haven't read them the first one is nearly word for word the first season. The second book has some of the same elements, but is different enough to enjoy. Starting on the third now.

I agree, the books are really good. I haven't seen the second season of the show, only the first, but I loved the books. I also recommend the Harper Connelly series by the same author, Charlaine Harris.

Team Eric, woo hoo! And everyone tells me that will solidify after I see the second season.

I agree, the books are really good. I haven't seen the second season of the show, only the first, but I loved the books. I also recommend the Harper Connelly series by the same author, Charlaine Harris.

Team Eric, woo hoo! And everyone tells me that will solidify after I see the second season.

I'll definitely have to check those out when I'm done with these.

Yes, Go team Eric! He became one of my favorite characters this season, more so since I started the books. Plus the actor they have playin him...hot damn :drool:

Those are my favorite books, I just adore them. I have a hard time watching because I keep comparing with the books!

I can imagine that. Although I don't mind the changes at all. It would be a pretty boring show if it stuck with the books to closely. I don't think they could have made 12 episodes if they didn't expand, elaborate, or completely change some things. The books only average around 300ish pages after all.

WARNING SEASON 2 SPOILER BELOW

I would have been real pissed if they killed off Lafayette in the series. He one of my favorites. Didn't care about it in the books since he's only in it for a couple passages.

I think the books are much better than the series, and I hate how they've deviated so much from the books. I'm wondering how the Eric storyline is going to play out in the books and on the show.

I think they did great casting with Sam on the show. Especially since from reading the books I kept imagining Danny Bonaduce. LOL.

Last edited:

What is the name of the True Blood book series?

Top Bottom