Kala KA-ASCP-C concert

mikelz777

Reaction score
The Kala KA-ASCP-C concert has a solid cedar top and solid pau ferro sides/back. I'm not finding a whole lot of talk about this uke anywhere including here but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Does anyone here own one, had hands-on experience with one or heard one directly and would be willing to share their thoughts? The YouTube video sound samples sound pretty good but they aren't a good substitute for hearing it directly or getting feedback from someone who's heard it directly.

This particular uke is on my UAS short-list. It's a handsome uke and it checks a lot of boxes for me. I just wish there was more user feedback out there and I hope to find some here.

Kala cedar top.jpg

Agreed, not much being heard about this one, and the tenor version. I wonder if these are the successors to the very popular solid cedar top/acacia models, KA-ACP-CTG and KA-ATP-CTG, which have been discontinued? Both of those also had solid cedar tops with slotted headstock. Kala sold boatloads of those 2 models, which are now gone. If this one is the replacement, they seem NOT to be promoting it very much. Or maybe they have other models coming to replace the ACP-CTG and ATP-CTG? Who knows, but in any event, a less complicated naming system would be welcome, to me at least!

Hi Mike, I replied to you PM; please let me know if it's messed up.

WRT KA-ACP-CTG (the discontinued ukulele) vs KA-ASCP-C (the ukulele of this thread), I have owned both and at the same time. If I closed my eyes, I wouldn't be able to tell them part; they play and sound the same. I think this is a good thing for the KA-ASCP-C because UU just showers the KA-ACP-CTG (and its tenor brother) KA-ATP-CTG with so much love. Perhaps the KA-ASCP-C, being all solid, might open up and sound better.

Top Bottom