Custom Sonny Daze Cigar Box Ukulele In Progress

UkuleleHill

Reaction score
So after seeing Dominic's custom cigar box ukulele after it was made, I contacted Russ about having my own built. He has sent me photos through the process. Here is what I have so far:

First I had to pick the box, out of these I chose #3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

He then gave me the choice for the inlays on the fretboard, I chose #4

picture.php

HE also gave me the choice of the head and I chose his signature head, its his I had to :) (#2 BTW)

picture.php

Here is a frontal of the fretboard, I chose the bottom one:

picture.php

NOW THIS IS EXCITING!!!

Russ got some new boxes and since he hadn't done any work he let me see them, if I wanted to use them... I DID! I chose to go with his new Black Pearl Box:

picture.php

These next ones are just some more pics of the black pearl:

picture.php

picture.php

Contact him I am sure he would make you one! :D

yes seeso.. contact him!! i am looking at mine right now.. it is ART! and when i plug it in and play some blues i feel a little like BB king.. not sure why BB king.. but yeah..

i can't wait to see when yours is done andy.. and you make a video.. i have been busy as of late.. and have yet to make a video with the uke.. it was featured in my last video as a cartoon.. ha!

d

New update! The head is shaped and a better pic of the fretboard!!! Look at the grain!!! :D

picture.php

Andy - the box is very cool - does he use the bottom of the box as the top of the uke (I can't remember from looking at Dom's)?

Andy - the box is very cool - does he use the bottom of the box as the top of the uke (I can't remember from looking at Dom's)?

He actually gives the buyer the choice, in my case I am using the top of the box as the top of the uke. But yeah he gives you the choice :)

Top Bottom