Another one done

Timbuck

Reaction score
Ready for E-Bay....Thats 14 Soprano ukes this year..so far.
PICT3598.jpg

Thats beautiful! Great job :)

Very nice! What woods did you use?
The body is made from solid "Mahogany" reclaimed from an old large fire surround I bought on Ebay...Ther'e was enough usable timber to make 18 Soprano uke body's (The resawing of the wood was kindly done by Pete Howlet on his bandsaw co's mine was too small) Thank's Pete:shaka: Hope to repay the favour ..The linings and end blocks are made from the same stuff..the bracings and bridge patch are "Spruce"....The neck is one piece of "Sapela" and the fingerboard is "Indian Rosewood"...saddle and nut "Ebony"...Due to the timber being indoors around a fireplace for many year's it got well and truely slowly baked, and it has produced the loudest and brightest sounding ukes i've made so far.

wish you would ship world wide... I'd think it would have been sold at the BIN...

Could you shoot me a pm on how much a custom one would be with no inlays?

I love things simple. ;) And I need a graduation present for my self...

4years of Math, Sleepless nights and foreign Doctors... makes for a hard undergrad....

how much time goes into one of these ukes?
Hard to say, I sometimes work 10- 12 hours a day on them.. and some days I do nothing...I work on them when I feel like it.. Today I made up 5 sets of fronts and backs c/w rosettes and bracings and bridge patch...Tomorrow maybe I'll thickness sand and bend some sides...And I need a load of kerfed linings... so I'll be making the linings while the bender is cooling down...I like to work in batches so there's always plenty to do.

Very nice work.

I put it on E-bay with a BIN price of £250....it was sold within 49 min's..??should I ask for more???:rolleyes:...but then again i'm not a greedy person ;)...I only make these as a hobby in my retirement.:D

I think they appear to be worth much more. Sure you're not dumping the market?:D

sven

Top Bottom