Desperado - on the Oscar Schmidt OU-5LCE

Pippin

Reaction score
I also posted this in the thread about the "new uke day" that was in "UkeTalk".

GrumpyCoyote asked for a sound file, or rather hinted that he had never heard a "professional series" Oscar Schmidt uke, so, here is the link...

http://www.tricornpublications.com/music/desperado.mp3

The OU-5LCE has a beautiful neck. I love the feel of it. The body is really pretty and the abalone looks sensational.

fantastic recording Pippin! did you perform all instruments and vocal parts?

Yep, I recorded the rhythm uke first, then the lead. Then I sang the lead vocal and played a very subtle backup uke track. I recorded the backup vocals in two more tracks then added the bass track last.

I recorded the song on a ZOOM MRS8 digital 8-track.

Yep, I recorded the rhythm uke first, then the lead. Then I sang the lead vocal and played a very subtle backup uke track. I recorded the backup vocals in two more tracks then added the bass track last.

I recorded the song on a ZOOM MRS8 digital 8-track.

very impressive.

That's one of the highest quality uke tracks I've ever heard. Quality in sound.. but also playing, singing, etc. Loved the bass.

Thank You! That makes me feel good about my choice of equipment. I really like the ZOOM MRS-8 and I got a great price on it, too ($199)

Wonderful - I love the tone. I suspect that's as much to do with your talent as it is old Oscar, but it sounds great!

Wonderful - I love the tone. I suspect that's as much to do with your talent as it is old Oscar, but it sounds great!

Well, I am pretty much a singer-songwriter and use the uke for accompaniment. That is the same with guitar and other instruments that I play, though. I'd love to be able to play like Jake, Aldrine, and some of the other players out there.

Links don't work

Hi Pippn, I'm new to the Uke and would love to learn Desperado. I was so excited to find this post but the links don't seem to work. Is there any way you can repost? Thank you.

Dominator has a nice version of this song tabbed out on his site. You can search for "Dominator Desperado ukulele tab" on Google. Or, if you send me your e-mail address in a PM, I could send it directly to you.

Top Bottom