Why Do You Visit UU?

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
I've noticed that some people post only in certain sections, some people reply only to certain topics, and many people don't post at all.

So here's this informal poll. Why do you visit UU?

I learn a lot just by hanging out & reading what other people have to say. I like the video tutorials & live lessons, contests and other things going on around here as well. I'm just not a big talker though in general so my post count in pretty low.

Connecting with people in the world of ukulele is easier on the forums, but also, there are up and coming talented players, singers, and writers posting on the boards. I enjoy playing and meeting others, but now that I have begun publishing Ukulele Player, the forums are even more important. They have become a great way to get in touch with new performers that will BE artists in the future. There are lots of talented break-out artists on the boards.

To Learn, to Meet, and to kill time.

I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation that I'm in, where you're pretty much one of the few people who play ukulele. So it's easier to converse via a website like UU and talk about stuff we like. I can't go around the mall asking people "hey, do you play the ukulele?"

To Learn, to Meet, and to kill time.

I'm sure a lot of people are in the same situation that I'm in, where you're pretty much one of the few people who play ukulele. So it's easier to converse via a website like UU and talk about stuff we like. I can't go around the mall asking people "hey, do you play the ukulele?"

I second that. I do it to learn (through lessons, Uke Minutes, Uke Got Mail, and forum postings) but also because it is a community of like minded people. None of my friends or family play the ukulele, and they all look at me the way you do someone you pity when I try to talk about it with them.

Came for the lessons, stayed for the people. I've never felt so welcome on a site full of musicians before! Learned a lot from Aldrine's vids, and whenever I have any questions in my mind, a quick search usually reveals that someone's already asked that and it's been answered! Seems that every week I buy a new album based on UUer recommendations too. This place turns me onto so many new artists, and it's a great way to find out about any upcoming shows or events involving ukulele. The few UUers I've met in person (briefly) is all good peoples. :shaka: Don't know any other ukers, so this is the place to talk ukes without looking like (that much of) a nutcase.

why?

to connect and to learn....it can be a lonely world out there...starting and ending my day (and lunch hour, and snack break, and, and, and...) with UU is a comfort to me.

I first came for the Song Tabs/Help, stayed for the discussions/community. No one I know plays the uke or really wants to talk about it so it's great having a place like UU. :D

I don't post a whole lot (I guess... comparatively?)... I use UU mostly as a resource for video lessons, picking up some ukulele knowledge from people who actually have some, lengthy tangents about ridiculously specific topics, exposure to techniques, links, new musicians, etc. I often don't feel qualified to post about anything technical or even to respond to peoples lovely pictures of their new ukes... I feel like "this is pretty" or "I found this helpful" might just as well be "LOL!!!!!!!! :)" so I try to refrain from that, and end up feeling like a lurker fairly often (which is okay... all the better to pick everyone's brains without them knowing!)

I have really started to enjoy peoples' videos and contests, and totally un-uke-related tangents. Plus, everyone's supportive and mostly rad, so there's the community aspect (although I still consider that secondary).

To learn, get inspired to keep playing, to get hints and tips, to lose weight...

...but also because this is the friendliest, funniest forum I've ever seen on the internet - of any sort or topic, PERIOD.

All of the above, plus I get hipped to some really good music I would never have known about otherwise.

For the community, of course, and also to get my newb questions answered.

I'm totally addicted to the forum. I'm not sure that's entirely a good thing (okay, mostly). I spend so much time here it cuts into my uke playing time. I also virtually never visit the UU home page. I'm sure I could learn alot from the lessons, etc (never checked 'em out)....but I'm hooked on the forums!

hmm that's a good question b/c mostly come here to entertain myself. i was actually never all that interested in lessons before, but the people i commented back and forth with on youtube were all on here so i slowly started checking things out...

i casually learn things on here, or i look at funny conversations going on, etc. there's a lot on this site so its very useful, in case i actually become un-lazy enough to improve my knowledge, hehe.

I visit here because I love the ukulele. And I love reading, so I naturally I love coming here to read about the ukulele! :music:

I visit UU because it's a great community, full of information, friendly people.

Me too!!
At first I wasn't here to much and if I was here it was to look at tabs, but now I look at/post in and reply in most sections!

Top Bottom