Nice ukuleles?

haolejohn

Reaction score
So I was browesing Aloha stadium swap meet and came across Nice ukuleles. Anyone played one of these before or know anything about them? The price is pretty good and they didn't sound terrible either. He mainly had solid mango ukes. he had a few koa ones but not many. Didn't want to buy one yet b/c i still want to hit up pawn shops.

That's Edmund Bacani. I bought a Koa tenor pineapple from him back in February. I got it for a decent price and it sounds nice so I'm happy though he told he it was made in Hawaii but later on I found it was actually made in the Philippines. Nothing wrong with that fact, I love my made in PIs MELE 'ukulele but I was turned off after the fact that he told me it was made in Hawaii when it was not. :mad: I believe he performs the final setup here in Hawaii but not the construction from what I have heard.

He told me they were made here in hawaii as well. I'm like you I love my Meles but Cheryl tells you that they are set up on maui and built in PI. Thanks for that heads up. The price on one of his mangos is great but Wife is currently saying no mas dinero por ukuleles.

He told me they were made here in hawaii as well. I'm like you I love my Meles but Cheryl tells you that they are set up on maui and built in PI. Thanks for that heads up. The price on one of his mangos is great but Wife is currently saying no mas dinero por ukuleles.

A.H & H.J. you guys got me thinking about my 3 Mele's.......:confused:
I also love my Mele's as they have a very distinctive sound and also sound better than comparable ukes in the same price range. How much of the "final assembly" is done on Maui? I also enjoy dealing with Cheryl. I know that their Hula line is completely made in the PI, so why not call them Mele's?

Would it be comparable to Pono's set up in Wahiawa? If so, I guess John Kitakis is straight up and doesn't try to hide anything.

A.H & H.J. you guys got me thinking about my 3 Mele's.......:confused:
I also love my Mele's as they have a very distinctive sound and also sound better than comparable ukes in the same price range. How much of the "final assembly" is done on Maui? I also enjoy dealing with Cheryl. I know that their Hula line is completely made in the PI, so why not call them Mele's?

Would it be comparable to Pono's set up in Wahiawa? If so, I guess John Kitakis is straight up and doesn't try to hide anything.

I know that Cheryl said that they are calling the Hula line hula so that people won't get it confused with the better quality Mele. Isn't the hula made in China though? Cheryl also told me once how much of the final assembly is done on Maui and i forget. It wasn't a whole lot but it wasn't a little biut either. The good thing about ukes made in the PI is the quality of luthiers available. PI used to be a hotbed for Spanish guitars made there and I think that is where the Meles are made at.

I would assume that the Meles and Ponos have similiar amount of work done on them in hawaii. Both are top; of line imports.

thanks for the explanation, your reply puts me more at ease. Just another reason for UAS... need another Hawaiian Built.:smileybounce:

Top Bottom