Brüko vs Ohana vs Lanikai.

The Ohana is the best sounding to my ears. I reviewed that model in Ukulele Player. What the Lanikai lacks is sustain. It is surprisingly loud, though, and is actually not too far off the Ohana in that regard. That I would attribute to the larger body volume. A soprano would be much quieter.

Is the fretboard tighter on the Bruko? It seems that you were more comfortable up the neck with the Ohana.

I really like your furniture! At about 2.00 with your hat on, head down and the light shining on the uke in front of your black jacket you make a very stylish image. It's nice to hear the ukes played together. I like the Pokemon headstock detail too. :)

Is the fretboard tighter on the Bruko? It seems that you were more comfortable up the neck with the Ohana.

No, they have the same scale. The brüko actually has a thicker neck and a slightly wider string spacing, but I've only had it for two weeks so I'm not as used to it as I am to the ohana. Anyway: I'm more comfortable with the concert than with any of the sopranos ;)

Thanks for posting that! Is it just me, or is the body of that Lanikai rather large?

I didn't think concert ukes were that much bigger - is that an average size for a concert uke body, or does Lanikai make them bigger than most?

I really like your furniture! At about 2.00 with your hat on, head down and the light shining on the uke in front of your black jacket you make a very stylish image. It's nice to hear the ukes played together. I like the Pokemon headstock detail too. :)

Thank you so much Erik! :nana:
Next time, I'll move around a bit so you can see our inherited sofas, tables and chairs from a different angle ;)

I don't believe that Lanikai make them significantly larger than anyone else. I think (i.e. I'm not 100% sure, but almost) that the shape and size of Lanikai concerts are identical to the Kala concerts.

Good to know - thanks!

Top Bottom