Wrist Bands for Charity?

Myala509

Reaction score
The wrist band thread and the Free trade got me thinking. SInce many people want the wrist bands and many want to donate to charity why not mix the too. Maybe I could sell these wristbands and donate all the money for charity?

I would buy 100 or and 100 or so more envelopes, out of my pocket ofcourse, then sell them for like 3 or 4 bucks and donate it all to Save the Music or Music for Kids for the people in the UK. A lot of schools are cutting there music programs due to the economy.

What you guys think? Yes no? Maybe so? If so what should the wrist bands say? What colors do you guys want? I like the swirly ones. http://www.the-wristband-factory.com/swirled-wristbands.html

This is an awesome idea!

Awesome idea!!

I like this idea.
I work in a school and our music programme has been massively cut over the last two years because the Headteacher doesn't think music is "academic" enough. Sad that one person's small minded view can become policy so quickly.

I'd definitely buy one. Or several LOL :D

They can just simply say "Ukulele Underground" and ".com if theres room. That way the site wins and the charity wins. Yay for double dipping!

As for the color, I like the blue and white swirled one, but any color works. I don't really like red, white, and blue together, its too over done. But that's just me.

I seriously think this should NOT be done by a member.

This kind of thing should be run by the Admins.

Heres my reasoning (dont take this personal)
Who knows if you donate the money? Im not saying YOY OP personally. but just saying. If UU had these in the store and we bought it from the store, we DO know where the money goes.
When organizing a charity thing one should elect the most responsible and qualified. I personally cast my vote for UU.com to do it. not a member.

my .02.

They can just simply say "Ukulele Underground" and ".com if theres room. That way the site wins and the charity wins. Yay for double dipping!

As for the color, I like the blue and white swirled one, but any color works. I don't really like red, white, and blue together, its too over done. But that's just me.

I disagree with the color, I think UU-brown would be fine.

Who says it has to say UU.com or be affiliated with UU? They can make there own if they want but I am doing this for a charity. Its a totally different thing then the bands that people wanted to show off UU. Plus I do not want to put UU on it without permision and it might get bad and I might not be able to do this. Then everyone loses! So unless one of the owners wants UU on them then I am not gonna do that. I dont want any trouble. :(

Also if you dont trust me thats cool. I chose those two charities because they both allow donations through paypal. That way the money just goes into the paypal account then into the charity. It doesnt even get to me.

I was just bringing this up as an idea. I love charities and giving my money away! Plus the 150-200 on the first 100 is still cheaper then a new Uke (freakin UAS) and I believe it will help others and help our uke community. People wanted bands and they wanted to help charities Im offering up 150-200 just for this cause.

And if enough people want to do this it gets rolling then Ill add more information to make it legimate for you guys, I will probably just sell them off of a site like ebay, then show you guys the receipts when I donate to the charities, if they have them. But Ill find a way to prove the moneys going to the charities.

Last edited:
Speaking of wrist bands for charity.... My band Mealfrog will be playing the Lance Armstrong Livestrong Challenge in Seattle Center this coming Sunday at 12:30 pm for any of you Seattleites that are interested. I know this should go in the gigs forum, but you can't really talk about charitable wristbands without thinking Livestrong...

DAMN! I might do that. I did not know about it. Ill try the 5k run then check out mealfrog afterward. What do you think about my idea though?

I'm down for any charitable endeavor to promote music, and especially the uke community. I say get after it man!

Thanks for your interest in the event/show too. If you decide to make it, please feel free to introduce yourself... My name is Ryan and I'll be the one playing the uke!

Also if you dont trust me thats cool. I chose those two charities because they both allow donations through paypal. That way the money just goes into the paypal account then into the charity. It doesnt even get to me.

I never said I didnt trust you, re read my post.

I think all charities that are offered on this site should be run by admins, thats all.

I know you didnt say you dont trust me, thats why i said if, but it brought up a legitimate point. I might not be trusted. So now I found a way that fixes the issue, if people dont trust me, buying from me! Its cool man.

Also I found a way to fix having only admins run charities. Make me an admin! Hahaha.

I wont do this then if people dont want it here. Who should I ask about putting UkuleleUnderground.com on them? That seems to be the most popular text for the bands. Any other text you guys like? I like the brown too, and green, and purple. Maybe Ill just go with solid colors. Friday is when I am going to call the wrist band company to order.

Last edited:
Put me down for getting at least one or two of the brown with Ukulele Underground on them if that is what you choose...:D

Top Bottom