The Uke You Want...

Tsani

Reaction score
What is the uke you really want? Actually I know we talk about this constantly on different threads, but let me be a little clearer.

What is the uke that you really want, but cannot get yet?

Some of you may be in the category of just buying every uke you like. Lucky you. :rolleyes: I can buy a uke occasionally, but budgets and domestic politics mean that I have to be judicious and plan around birthdays, Christmas, and other special occasions.

I don't mean the unattainable dream uke either. I have seen Martin 5K ukes and Gibsons that might as well be gold-plated. If you got such a thing, would you really dare to play it? I guess it could be worth the money in the hands of a few around here, but not for me.

No. I want to know what is the uke that is just out of reach? You dream about it. You scheme to get it. Maybe you have a piggy bank fund that is allocated toward that purchase. The uke that your hands are just itching to hold.... that one. What is it?

Mine - a Favilla soprano.

I want my Dad's old 1957 Kamaka Pineapple back, stolen over 30 years ago. :mad:

I just want that MP custom for which I lack the funds.

Well, I've also got my eye on that bamboo uke in MGM's store...

And a Mainland banjo uke. (yes, I cheated, giving three answers)

Last edited:
I'm ready to go to Indiana and buy a mango Mainland concert. Well, I'm saving my nickels and dimes to GET ready for that - probably late summer or early fall.

But as long as we're dreaming - serve me up a Pineapple Sunday.

Custom guitalele... at least thats my dream uke right this second. It changes from time to time.

A custom 8 string tenor would also be a hoot. I have visions of tuning it like a mandolin, so a "mandolele" of sorts.

Honestly, aside from a kooky ideas like the ones above, just a great tenor custom made to my specifications, not too much bling (but just enough ;)).

Only thing stopping me is not knowing what my anual bonus size will be. :(

Only thing stopping me is not knowing what my anual bonus size will be. :(

You're getting a bonus? Nice!

I don't mean to be a spoil sport but I have the ukulele for me -- A KoAloha concert. It's the right size, I've got the right strings on it and the sound is perfect for me.

There are 2 really.

Pineapple Sunday Which if i win UUBL I will ask hubby if I can has.

I would looooove the white-eye Moore Bettah uke that someone else has already bought.

Oooo.. And a Maui Music Concert DX2 in koa.

Oh and a Sycamore Compass, and a cocobolo/koa custom.

Yep that pretty much would be my uke p*** list that I someday hope to work towards

Last edited:
My dream's uke is a Kanile'a K3 Tenor with :

-Dark zebra wood rosette
-Wavy(waves ?) Koa
-Tortoise Bindings

Exactly this one
3633582640_10393c9ac1_o.jpg

At the moment I want a cedar Mainland concert, and a koa concert Flea.

But my uke lust is fickle and changes constantly.

I'm easy:

APC Concert Traditional.

Which I will get myself for Christmas.

If I can wait that long.

DSC02146.JPG

*drools*

and i'm still sleeping under the mailbox till my mainland uke arrives

Last edited:
You're getting a bonus? Nice!

I don't mean to be a spoil sport but I have the ukulele for me -- A KoAloha concert. It's the right size, I've got the right strings on it and the sound is perfect for me.

video or it didn't happen

:)

both would be great!

Either a Ron Phillips custom metal 8-string tenor resonator ukulele or a mint Martin baritone ukulele.

Top Bottom