Send Brit To Hollywood!

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So those of you who have been following Brit's American Idol journey know what happened. I don't think it's fair, so I built a wesbite in hopes that people will help get Brit another audition.

Basically, if you don't know, check out the site and read about it. There's her story, audition story, why she thinks she would be a great person to help, videos of her singing, a store where you can donate, and a contact form.

We don't have a lot of time, hopefully this gets enough views where Brit has a shot at another audition this year..

Please check it out.
Send Brit To Hollywood

Thank You!

Here is some serious advice on the pursuit of a musical career...

What Brittni needs is a very good demo. She may, infact, have a really good voice, but the videos, in that case, do not do her justice. What you need to do is find someone with a really great recording studio setup and an excellent condenser mic.

One thing she needs to do is sing with her heart in it. She seems nervous in the videos and that is something to consider. A music industry professional will not be impressed with a home-made video that is not taped in a performance venue. So, the pint-sized vids from a point & shoot digi-cam will not cut it. What you need is a great recording, a bio, a good 5x7 photograph for PR purposes. Put it all together as a "press kit" and that is what you send to A&R executives with the record companies.

Now, there is something else you need to know. MOST big record labels do not take unsolicited submissions except by referral from either a producer or an entertainment lawyer. They don't want to be bothered.

So, how do you find out who will take submissions???

The "Songwriter's Market" is a book that is writer-centric, but, what it contains is the record companies that WILL accept submissions. Most are small and many will want to make a better demo to "shop around" and that means almost $2000 up front. Avoid the ones that want to get you in their studio to make a demo. You already have a demo at the time of submission.

Another thing is that more and more these days, record companies are looking for finished projects that they can "master", slap their logo on it, and take it to market. That means, the more highly polished that Brittni sounds, the better.

She needs to sing with energy and always smiling. So, have her work on that.

There are people out there with a one-in-a-million voice that are looking for an opportunity, like Amber Nash, she really is top-notch. Competition is stiff. So, plan to work on this and it won't happen over night, so, be prepared and be encouraging.

Sorry about the length of this. Good Luck.

Last edited:
So those of you who have been following Brit's American Idol journey know what happened. I don't think it's fair, so I built a wesbite in hopes that people will help get Brit another audition.

Basically, if you don't know, check out the site and read about it. There's her story, audition story, why she thinks she would be a great person to help, videos of her singing, a store where you can donate, and a contact form.

We don't have a lot of time, hopefully this gets enough views where Brit has a shot at another audition this year..

Please check it out.
Send Brit To Hollywood

Thank You!

Can it not just be she was not good enough? Just asking.

Pippin - thanks for the advice. It's really helpful to know that about the ins and outs of the music career. I'll see what I can do about all that, to make a demo and all. Def. a really helpful post.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send her to Orlando?
Yes, and if there's any city I could send her, it would be that one for that exact reason. Out of all those cities american idol is going to, that would be the simplest. But i'm going on the case that she won't have enough money to go until the last one, which is Denver. And if she does make it, we have to come back to that city in a month for audition #2. So either way we need a good chunk of change to make it happen...

Can it not just be she was not good enough? Just asking.
She was in to the next round. There were 2 producers listening, one wrote down her name on the golden ticket. She was in. She sang with a hurting throat, a sinus infection and a cold, and the producer still wanted to put her into the next round. That is until the other producer argued with him, saying that is how she always sounded.. That's what sparked this whole website. One producer that didn't want to think that she was just sick, changed the outcome of what could of happened. She almost made it in, even with a sick voice. It's not like she got 2 no's and that was it. Everyone in her line was stopped within 15 seconds of singing but her. She sang her whole song. Read the audition story to learn about it.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm being a jerk, because I'm not trying to be. But...

I think the money, time, and effort spent on getting her another shot at a small chance of getting picked for just the first round of some TV contest would be better spent elsewhere.

Specifically, I say she should put that energy into getting experience singing and performing. I'm talking about getting some buddies together and forming a band. Going and out and scrounging up gigs at any place that will have her. Singing on stages in front of people. Recording a few songs. Maybe a whole demo. Trying out for a musical at the local community theater. Taking (or continuing) singing lessons. Learning a thing or two about music and the music business.

In other words, do what aspiring singers have been doing for ages. Pay your dues. Get out there. Put your success in your own hands, not Paula Abdul's.

Let me put it this way. If I told you that I wanted to a million dollars what would you advise me to do?

Should I keep trying out for "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", over and over again, spending money flying from town to town, until I finally get picked? Despite the fact that, even if I did get picked, there's still no guarantee--no matter how smart I might be--that I'll win the Grand Prize?

Or would you advise me to take that energy, enthusiasm, and money, and go and work my butt off, learn about investing, maybe start my own business, etc.?

Hint: The first way works for maybe one person a year. The second way works for hundreds of people a year.

JJ

I plan on trying to get her started somewhere.. i mean if all else fails, I can turn that site into her own personal website. She's moving up to boston, so theres tons of opportunity in a city like that.

Top Bottom