help! Uke addiction!

ZacharyToh

Reaction score
hi. I just started uke like one week plus ago but I play the guitar too. I got a greg Bennett uk50 concert and it sounds great but the only thing that there is a small crack barely noticable on e side of the first fret. Will it affect my uke? And I also upgraded my strings to Aquila . I practice alot and after learning the fan strum , a.k.a 4 finger roll, I can't seem to put down my uke. I'm from Singapore and 17 this year. Bought my uke at 60 sing. I'm thinking of getting a soprano. Probably kalas mahogany kl-s if I'm not wrong.. What should I do?

Hey, we here at UU call our love of ukuleles and the need to have more UAS. Ukulele acquisition syndrome. We here at Uu will also tell you to buy more ukuleles if you want them. So not only do we all have UAS, we will enable each orher.
So since your other ukulele has a crack that you can barely see... You have a very good excuse to by another uke because this one has a crack:)

hahas. But is the kala ka-s good?

The KA-S is a good uke for it's price range, offering good sound, decent action and features. The new models should come with Aquillas, which help.

Give into the UAS Zach! It hurts so much less that way, plus you can consol yourself by learning a new song on your shiny...new...unplayed...beautiful ukulele, and breathe in the "new uke" smell...ahhhhhh!:p

so im like thinking what uke should i get now.. cause i have a beginner one now. should i get a ka-s mahogany ? anyone had one? does it pwns the greg bennett? or mayb i should save up more. cause i dont have alot alot of money .. im still a student :( but i really want a new uke!

Must buy more ukulele's! Say this over and over again until your UAS urge has subsided.

Just wait until you've made the jump into the K-brands. I just barely got my KoAloha tenor and now I'm looking for a Kamaka and/or Kanile'a to add to the collection. Then don't get me started on the custom ukes of my dreams...

how do i know i'm good enough to get a better one? but i just want a better one regardless whether i'm that good. cause ..i just love ukes . the size and sound and everything.

hahas okay. so im just giving it a shot just gonna buy one more. and one more if i have to :)

The KA-S will get you through a few songs. An Ohana TK35 will get you through a few songs. A Fender Nohea will sound better on some songs. A Mainland Classic Soprano is unbeatable on some songs. The Laniaki LSMC will give you more tone than you expect on some songs. Moore Bettah can boil the dustspecks off many songs throughout the range.

FEED THE UAS.

All joking aside, once you learn a few songs, you will begin to appreciate the size, sound, and feel of individual instruments more. Get comfortable with the ukulele you have. Then try others. Each will have pluses and minuses. You will find another that appeals to you. Buy it. Use them all.

For myself, I have larger than average hands and prefer a tenor. But I still like my soprano on some songs (and it looks a bit silly when a 6'2" man plays such a small instrument well!). Life is good. Uke is good. Enjoy yourself.

too much fun!!

My theory on UAS... now that I have had it for about 4 months (and 4 ukes):

Why must we buy and play so many Ukuleles??

1. There are so many good choices, in so many price ranges.
2. Each one offers something different.
3. The experience of shopping, anticipating, and then receiving and owning is very satisfying.
4. There is something so very enriching that you get from playing music.

I feel sorry for those who haven't explored that outlet. Anyway, I am surprised more people haven't discovered the ukulele and it's magic.

Back to your thread though... buy the ukes that you're attracted to, and you will play them. It really doesn't matter how well you end up playing. Just enjoy playing.

–Lori

yeah ka-s here i COME! woohoo! i'm gonna borrow money even if i have to . lols i want this uke so much. totally over it. how how how!!!

I know exactly how you feel.......I've had mine for a little over a week and I can't put it down..... I have a Pono Tenor and now I want a ukulele in each size....:D

haha great that we have friends that help each other out. too bad singapore doenst really have a uke community. as in.. i dont really have friends that play it. probably 1 or 2 . i'm trying to introduce it to my friends . and spread the love of ukes! :)

Top Bottom