Firefly - electric tenor...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I think some of you may be interested in my new 4 string electric so I have posted here:

FireflyRaw.jpg

Great googly moogly! That's gorgeous! (Heretical as it may be, with that headstock shape I'd want geared tuners)

This is fitted with Pegheds. It is actually a design I have 'permission' to use. The maker's name is david Myka and his work is sensational. It looked right for scaling to a ukulele and it turned out a peach didn't it. Haven't wired it up yet but I will be Youtubing it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Amazing - sold sight unseen. I have another one in production ready next month if you are interested. High spec with a Mahogany body and Pegheds so pm for price...

Would have commented earlier .... but my keyboard shorted out from all the drool as I was looking at the picture.

WHOA, beautiful. If I ever decided to swing to the dark side (electric amplification) a model such as this would be the lure that did it.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

You ever get to play high volume gigs this is the sort of uke you would have to use...

Pegheds are 4:1 ratio geared tuners. They have the look of friction tuners, but have the advantage of gears.

I am reluctant to correct you seeso. However, to my mind, they have the look of 3/4 violin pegs...

Very nice work Pete.

Top Bottom