happy new guitar day to me

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
i dont know if any of you remember a few months ago when i asked about a certain guitar i saw on craigslist. it was cross between a telecaster, esquire, p-bass, and a fat strat. someone told me what it was and a fire was lit under me. since then, everytime i saw one on craigslist, i was either too broke or too late to scoop it up. but then... but then this one showed up like a beacon of light from the heavens. the only color i really ever considered. and it was from someone that had bought three of them and set two aside in a humidified vault for the next three years. yes... mint condition. unplayed. plugged in maybe twice to check if the electronics still work. even had the plastic on the pickguard and the humbucker still. this was a FIND. this was put up for sale for the COLLECTOR, since, in its condition and the fact that they were discontinued would only rise in value over time.

but alas, i am not a collector. never really have been. and i believe that an instrument is made to be PLAYED, and not admired. so i bought her. and considering her condition and the fact she also came with a tweed hard shell case, i think i got her for a great price, but still had to beg for the extra cash to purchase her.

i now present to you... SHIELA. my brand new, 3yr old squire 51 blonde.
51-3.jpg

51-2.jpg

51-1.jpg

51-4.jpg

credit to BUGOY for taking the pics.

Sweet axe, Arvin! Waddya' call it? EsPeeTeleStrat?! I can just imagine the voices possible with that combo. I have a Squier Strat Mini in my home office that I play impromptu jams on. Also a Squier Bullet Strat in my collection. They have the action and playability of my Fenders. Ric

Sweet axe, Arvin! Waddya' call it? EsPeeTeleStrat?! I can just imagine the voices possible with that combo. I have a Squier Strat Mini in my home office that I play impromptu jams on. Also a Squier Bullet Strat in my collection. They have the action and playability of my Fenders. Ric

the possibilities with this guitar are vitually endless. there are two control knobs. one of them is actually a three way switch (bridge, neck, and combo). the front knob is a volume pot... but its push/pull! so when you pull the knob out while the pickup switch is on bridge or combo, it splits the bridge pup into a single coil!

its crazy!

hahaha. ive owned a squier bullet strat and those things for the money are sweet too! but this one just stands out. i prize this guitar right up there with my taylor.

Wow!
Sweet!

lucky! I am trying o find myself a cheap-ish new guitar to spend my graduation money on....an acoustic though, oh boy, I have G.A.S bad since I got my first....its bad, lol. Nice guitar, good luck!

OMG!!!
last night i finally got a chance to "bond" with my new guitar. while i was at work, BUGOY did an excellent job of setting her up (getting the neck straight, setting the intonation, adjusting the action). so i plugged her in through my pedal board and started going through all the songs that we're performing next week.

then i started to see what could happen with this guitar. messed around with the controls a bit. did some experimentation. then i went to youtube, brought up some classics, and jammed along.

on this site, i have been a huge believer that an instrument cannot make you a better player. but then again that was in response to the notion that if someone were to buy a $2000 instrument that it would make them become a better player. and i always advocated that it takes practice to become better. not a better instrument. well, i dont know if im putting my foot in my mouth by saying this, considering we are talking about a Squier electric guitar, and considering the caliber of the other guitars that i own... but...

THIS THING MUST BE POSSESSED.

man, i was throwing riffs out that i never thought i would be doing. still nothing close to what BUGOY has been able to perform, but i shocked myself. :eek: this guitar is MEAN. and ooh, the sustain.... THE SUSTAIN! i wanna sell my other guitars now so i can pick up some more of these hahaha.

Last edited:
The necks on those Squier 51s are worth the price of admission.

(drools) awesome guitar. Do you have vids up with it?

not yet. but we are opening for pauhana on july 10. and i plan on playing this guitar in that set. so if any vid goes up, ill link it here.

congratulations man thats one cool guitar,
i just put a down payment on a new mini maton guitar, but i've got to wait till aug 7 to pick it up.:mad:

Cliff

Well, I have a Pbass, Fat Strat, and a Tele...but I have never seen them all together in one like this before! Then again, my knowledge of Fenders beyond their very mainstream models (pbass, jbass, tele, strat, mustang, jaguar) is near zero.

That looks like a sweet guitar!

And on another note, better gear sometimes can make you a better player. I started on a Starcaster guitar from Sams Club, which really was not very good. But when I got my first real guitar, an American Deluxe Fat Strat, I would say that it instantly made me better, because the neck and action and finish just let me play things that I couldn't on the cheaper guitar. (But I still suck...badly.) And even if upgraded gear doesn't necessarily make you a better player, better gear will almost definitely make you sound better...and there's that intangible cool factor.

Top Bottom