J4T 4 track recorder for Android

Doug W

Reaction score
I installed this program, J4T, on my Android the other day. I have Reaper and other programs on computers around here and one or 2 old 4 track cassette recorders but my phone is with me most of the time.

It costs less than 5 bucks and I don't mind paying money for something to hopefully help develop a software further and maybe that means there is less spyware on the phone.

I see this program as useful as a sketchpad for song ideas. It is not the same quality recording as you get with Reaper so it won't be a replacement for tunes you want to post. I have recorded the chords for some Irish tunes I have been working on, then I record the melody part on another track. It shows me how lazy I have been in learning the parts without another player to keep me in time.

I am not a stockholder in this app, so I don't make any money if you buy it or lose money if you don't, just having fun and and always trying to improve and my phone is with me more than my old 4 track cassette recorder or my laptop.

Last edited:
Interesting app!

I have made a few recordings with Audio Evolution Mobile, also for Android. It set me back approximately the same amount, but then the price doubled for the add in that allow me to use a USB microphone with my phone or tablet. So 10 bucks if you want that feature.

I must admit that I usually find the volume achieved plugging a USB microphone into a phone too low. So perhaps the cheaper apps combined with another setup for more serious recording is better.

I also use Reaper on my pc.

I do have an iRig Cast Mic that I use with J4T. I had bought for daughter to use with an iPhone but I don't think she ever used it. I think it improves the recording a bit but I can record without it.

Top Bottom