Help me!

Fizzypidgen

Reaction score
I really, really want to start learning Ukulele after seeing most of you guys' videos on Youtube, but I dont know where to start.
I tried getting a Mahalo "Les Paul" on ebay, then after thought this was a little stupid, so was almost relived when it didnt work.

Ideally, I dont want to have to get it shipped from overseas - im based in the UK.
I also Ideally do not want to spend over £50, but also dont want one in florescant green/pink.

thanks for your help in advance,

Will.

If you can get your hands on an entry level Makala, you'll be alright.

LMS Music Supplies has some.

If you can get your hands on an entry level Makala, you'll be alright.

LMS Music Supplies has some.

kala and makala would be two brands that are entry level but also good quality ukes. check out mgm on ebay. he'll take of you ;)

Take a little time to read some of the other beginner threads and see what people like.Also,it might help if you fill out your profile and general location. There might be UU members in your neighborhood who can help you.

I really, really want to start learning Ukulele after seeing most of you guys' videos on Youtube, but I dont know where to start.
I tried getting a Mahalo "Les Paul" on ebay, then after thought this was a little stupid, so was almost relived when it didnt work.

Ideally, I dont want to have to get it shipped from overseas - im based in the UK.
I also Ideally do not want to spend over £50, but also dont want one in florescant green/pink.

Will.

BTW, don't be too quick to dimiss the Les Paul Mahalo. Woodshed at UkeHunt seems to like them, and so does our resident 5th Beatle, Krabbers.

Will.

Hi I recommend Lanikai as a starter uke, I've found this soprano, it's a little over your budget at £59 but will last you a long time AND will stay in tune unlike the multi-coloured specimins you mention.

http://www.gamlinsmusic.co.uk/musical-instruments/ukuleles/item/lu21-soprano-ukulele-8822/

My ukulele instructor also recommends Stagg ukes. Duke of Uke (www.dukeofuke.co.uk) sells the soprano version from £45, they also have one for £50 and they are worth checking out too.

I'm in the UK, feel free private message me any questions you may have and I'll try to help.

John

Last edited:
Top Bottom