One Mainland coming to England

Keep on jammin the uke!!

My Mainland tenor is one of my most played ukuleles. I got the red cedar. Might get a mahogany too, but want to see what new models they bring in.​

Sweet! Congratulations. I ordered a mahogany concert...should have mine Monday. Let us know how you like the tenor.

Lucky Dog! (Though I'm lucky too since my wife likes my idea to get a mango when hh gets them in and we've got the cash.)

Great! Can you post some video of you playing a pineapple for me? I'm so curious as to their sound.

I don't know if you want to judge it's sound based on my playing!

I'll take my camera and work something out. Probably in hoosierhiver's best interest (business-wise) for me to video him playing it to post up here!

I don't know if you want to judge it's sound based on my playing!

I'll take my camera and work something out. Probably in hoosierhiver's best interest (business-wise) for me to video him playing it to post up here!

That would be great. I'm especially curious to hear the difference between the mahogany and red cedar pineapples. Which one? which one.....? :)

You gotta let me play that Errol. Is it a cedar one? I'm about to order a Kala archtop, maybe we can get together and try them both?

You gotta let me play that Errol. Is it a cedar one? I'm about to order a Kala archtop, maybe we can get together and try them both?

Its the Mahogany one, but I'm sure will meet up one day cos my mum lives on the IoW too.

Theres a Mainland mahogany concert comming to Holland :D

Even with import taxes and all that, I don't think theres a real big difference in price compared to other solid wooden ukes. I think the total costs will be about 300 euro, including import taxes, shipping costs and a hard case.

Last edited:
Hi UkuEroll , I am interested in a mainland ukulele, the price with the case looks fine but how much does Our Majesty take in the form of taxes , import duty etc and did it arrive safely?

I live in Southampton. Easy for a jam, from where you are.

You live in Shouthampton! Cool, my dad lived there for 8 months for some work stuff, were there three times, it's a cool city!

Hi UkuEroll , I am interested in a mainland ukulele, the price with the case looks fine but how much does Our Majesty take in the form of taxes , import duty etc and did it arrive safely?
this is something i would also like to know if you do not mind sharing such information. i will probably import a mainland regardless of the taxes/duty etc. but i would love to know what i'm gonna be hit with when i order in a couple months time...

Lucky man, Leroy! :D

How's the patience holding out, mate? ;)

Top Bottom