PDA

View Full Version : One Mainland coming to England

UkuEroll
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Just had to share this, I've just ordered a Tenor from Mainland Ukes, Can't wait.. It's going to be a long couple of weeks:D

ukulele2544
06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Keep on jammin the uke!!

HaileISela
06-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Just had to share this, I've just ordered a Tenor from Mainland Ukes, Can't wait.. It's going to be a long couple of weeks:D

sounds like good news! congrats!

deach
06-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Congrats! They sound great.

Uke-lahoma
06-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Exciting! I hope it arrives soon.

ichadwick
06-19-2009, 01:33 AM
My Mainland tenor is one of my most played ukuleles. I got the red cedar. Might get a mahogany too, but want to see what new models they bring in.

KC8AFW
06-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Sweet! Congratulations. I ordered a mahogany concert...should have mine Monday. Let us know how you like the tenor.

RevWill
06-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Lucky Dog! (Though I'm lucky too since my wife likes my idea to get a mango when hh gets them in and we've got the cash.)

dnt.thnk.twce
06-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Gonna drive up tomorrow and come back with something to keep my concert Flea company!! Very exciting...

UKISOCIETY
06-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Gonna drive up tomorrow and come back with something to keep my concert Flea company!! Very exciting...

Great! Can you post some video of you playing a pineapple for me? I'm so curious as to their sound.

dnt.thnk.twce
06-19-2009, 03:53 AM
Great! Can you post some video of you playing a pineapple for me? I'm so curious as to their sound.

I don't know if you want to judge it's sound based on my playing!

I'll take my camera and work something out. Probably in hoosierhiver's best interest (business-wise) for me to video him playing it to post up here!

UKISOCIETY
06-19-2009, 05:07 AM
I don't know if you want to judge it's sound based on my playing!

I'll take my camera and work something out. Probably in hoosierhiver's best interest (business-wise) for me to video him playing it to post up here!

That would be great. I'm especially curious to hear the difference between the mahogany and red cedar pineapples. Which one? which one.....? :)

SamWise
06-19-2009, 05:35 AM
You gotta let me play that Errol. Is it a cedar one? I'm about to order a Kala archtop, maybe we can get together and try them both?

UkuEroll
06-19-2009, 08:52 AM
You gotta let me play that Errol. Is it a cedar one? I'm about to order a Kala archtop, maybe we can get together and try them both?

Its the Mahogany one, but I'm sure will meet up one day cos my mum lives on the IoW too.

Bram
06-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Theres a Mainland mahogany concert comming to Holland :D

Even with import taxes and all that, I don't think theres a real big difference in price compared to other solid wooden ukes. I think the total costs will be about 300 euro, including import taxes, shipping costs and a hard case.

SamWise
06-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Its the Mahogany one, but I'm sure will meet up one day cos my mum lives on the IoW too.

I live in Southampton. Easy for a jam, from where you are.

harpman
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi UkuEroll , I am interested in a mainland ukulele, the price with the case looks fine but how much does Our Majesty take in the form of taxes , import duty etc and did it arrive safely?

Bratset
07-22-2009, 08:09 AM
I live in Southampton. Easy for a jam, from where you are.

You live in Shouthampton! Cool, my dad lived there for 8 months for some work stuff, were there three times, it's a cool city!

12imnew
07-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi UkuEroll , I am interested in a mainland ukulele, the price with the case looks fine but how much does Our Majesty take in the form of taxes , import duty etc and did it arrive safely?
this is something i would also like to know if you do not mind sharing such information. i will probably import a mainland regardless of the taxes/duty etc. but i would love to know what i'm gonna be hit with when i order in a couple months time...

buddhuu
07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Lucky man, Leroy! :D

How's the patience holding out, mate? ;)

UkuEroll
07-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes it arrived safely, the only problem I had was parcelforce held it for over a week without letting me know it was here, they said I should have received a letter but I didn't, if all had gone to plan it would have been here in just over a week.
As for charges, I was lucky as I wasn't charged import duty, I think that is just the luck of the draw, all I had to pay was 26 pound, 8 of that was handling charge from the post office and the rest was vat.

this is something i would also like to know if you do not mind sharing such information. i will probably import a mainland regardless of the taxes/duty etc. but i would love to know what I'm gonna be hit with when i order in a couple months time...
You won't be disappointed.

Lucky man, Leroy! :D

How's the patience holding out, mate? ;)

It's here and it's a beauty. Just have to keep prising it out of the wifes hands, she wants me to order the cedar so she can nick this one.
You mentioned about worth strings, I bought a set and if you PM me I'll send you the half I didn't use, as they come in double lengths.

buddhuu
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Congratulations, mate. :music:

Fingers crossed for the duty. I've got away with it a couple of times, but equally there have been times when I've received a bill a couple of month later. In some cases the carrier pays the duty and then bills the recipient for reimbursement. Not always - so you may well have struck lucky there.

In one of the other threads (which you must have missed) I posted that I've already got some Worth browns. I love 'em. If you need a set of low G Aquilas let me know. I have a new set I am most unlikely to use now I'm cookin' with the Worths! :D

So, Leroy, when do we see the video of your new axe? ;) :rock:

gabzuke
07-23-2009, 12:58 AM

damn im craving for one of those :(

Bratset
07-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Today I got a letter from the Norwegian mail services about my Mainland.....
It has arrived but they need my written autorization to do some customs shit etc.... May take a week longer if I have to mail them the autorization.. But I may be able to pull some strings at work at get it picked up earlier, since we are working alot with mailservices here...

12imnew
07-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Today I got a letter from the Norwegian mail services about my Mainland.....
It has arrived but they need my written autorization to do some customs shit etc.... May take a week longer if I have to mail them the autorization.. But I may be able to pull some strings at work at get it picked up earlier, since we are working alot with mailservices here...
good luck with that, i hope you get it soon!

also, ukueroll, thanks for sharing the information about duty and that... i hope i escape it when i finally have the cash to order me a mainland!

Bratset
07-23-2009, 01:31 AM
good luck with that, i hope you get it soon!

Thanks!...