d'addario strings on lanikai tenor??

l0calb0y91

Reaction score
hey everyone, just wanted some thoughts on putting the d'addario strings that jake uses on a lanikai tenor ukulele...any suggestions, advice?

hey everyone, just wanted some thoughts on putting the d'addario strings that jake uses on a lanikai tenor ukulele...any suggestions, advice?

It seems that the more the UU talks about strings, the more the general consensus is that....you never totally know until you try them. I have some ukes that sound great with D'Addario J71s and some that sound absoulutely horrendous with them.

Personally, they are not my string of choice, although both Aldrine and Jake use them.....makes me wonder if I am missing something here??

I like a thinner brighter string myself....like Worth browns or a Koolau Gold for example...

Just my op...
Hope that helps

thanks

thanks for the the tip :]
right now, im using aquila strings on my kanile'a concert but when i play jake tunes, the resonance takes away the clarity so im thinking maybe the harder tension on the d'addario strings help.

thanks for the the tip :]
right now, im using aquila strings on my kanile'a concert but when i play jake tunes, the resonance takes away the clarity so im thinking maybe the harder tension on the d'addario strings help.

Yeh, Jake rocks the J71s designed for his tenor (or any tenor). I don't think it would be a good idea putting those (J71s) on your concert....tension too high and from what I hear, can break your bridge...

I have heard that the worth clears are good for sharp clarity...

Yeh, Jake rocks the J71s designed for his tenor (or any tenor). I don't think it would be a good idea putting those (J71s) on your concert....tension too high and from what I hear, can break your bridge...

I have heard that the worth clears are good for sharp clarity...

i see..
im planning on getting the lanikai tenor with the shadow pickup thing.
first, cuz i want a second ukulele :p
second, because im putting a low g-string on my concert and i want another ukulele with the high g so i dont have to change b/w low and high g.

but i totally get what ur saying and it helps.

lol,

idk if it was the one jake used but I did put them on my LU-21T.

was kind of like the koolau golds.

smooth....

Top Bottom