D'addario J71 Pro Artes

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
Do these come in concert size? If not can I cut a tenor down to fit a concert? Will it do anything to the sound quality?

Basically my uke needs new strings.. went from aquilla's to martin's.. because there aren't any stores really that sell ukulele strings around here, and I basically hate them more then anything..

so ya.. do D'addario J71 Pro Artes come in concert?

If you like the Aquilas...you can get them from MGM. I just got 2 sets shipped for like $15 and got them in just a couple of days.

-KP

The J92s are slightly different thicknesses/tensions, but I don't think J71s would destroy a concert. Still, opt for the ones labeled "concert" if you can; D'Addario Pro Arte strings are freakin' thick as it is!

I put J71s on a Pono cedar/tenor and don't like them. Nice feel, but too mellow for my taste.​

I put J71s on a Pono cedar/tenor and don't like them. Nice feel, but too mellow for my taste.​

I have them on my Kanile'a Custom T Mango uke and love them. They are definitely more mellow than other strings, but they have great sustain and more versatility in sound than other strings I've used.

I think the trick to make Pro Artes sing is having nails.

Top Bottom