Mike Pereira Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaiChiTom

Reaction score
This is a hand-made Mike Pereira Tenor. It has a spruce top and mahogany back and sides and mahogany neck. There is a curly maple binding on the top. No rosette. There are no dings, scratches or cracks on this instrument. The sound is bright and sweet with good projection. The neck is very playable. It is currently strung with Worth browns and a D'Addario low g. It comes with a canvas covered hardcase.
$425 which includes shipping within CONUSA only. PayPal.

Attachments

• _IGP0533.jpg
    _IGP0533.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 209
  • _IGP0536.jpg
    _IGP0536.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 138
  • _IGP0537.jpg
    _IGP0537.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 121
  • _IGP0538.jpg
    _IGP0538.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I was in the market for a nice tenor. MP makes great sounding ukes that play real nice. I think this one is a real looker too!

Best bang for your buck on a custom tenor folks!

Wm.

Last edited:
Warndt,
Thanks for your kind words regarding the MP tenor. I'm very surprised someone hasn't taken this one yet. I have 2 MP tenors. One with a redwood top and this spruce topped one. In some ways I like the spruce topped tenor better. The action is more playable than the redwood and somehow it seems more balanced tonewise overall. But, I love the mellowness of the redwood top and it seems to work really well with the low g tuning which I prefer. I'm open to reasonable offers.
Tom

Tom...I'm blown away that its still available. I have a concert MP Pineapple that I would never sell...Great player, great projection and sweet balanced sound.

MP ukuleles must be the best kept secret out there...I sure don't understand it, especially when I see people paying this much for Kalas and Ponos without an ounce of reservation. Beats me.

Best of luck!!
Wm.

what is the finish on the uke? I looked at mikes website and to me it looks like a satin finish, but not sure.... thanks, NBB

If I remember correctly Mike refers to it as a hand rubbed oil wax/finish. It's a very thin satin-like finish. He recommends wiping the uke down with a soft polishing cloth after each use. And if the finish dulls from contact with skin oils to give it a light coat of Minwax.
Tom

I apologize for not replying sooner to those who have sent PMs. Just didn't realize they were there. I will look more closely from now on.
Tom

Don't sale it for that price. Put it on ebay first. I wish I had the funds to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom