Uke Minutes 50! - Cheap DIY Uke Wall Hanger

Hey UUers!

Episode 50! Featuring an $8 multiple-ukulele wall hanger, Aldrine using power tools, and the tiniest screwdriver known to man.

Uke Minutes 50 - DIY Ukulele Wall Hanger

We know that there are tons of people on this forum who have mad skills when it comes to woodworking, so I'm sure we will see some awesome, much better versions of this wall hanger. But for those of you who are less than handy (like Aldrine), was this lesson helpful? clear? easy-to-follow? at all interesting?

Post your comments, complaints, DIY wall hanger pics, cheap studfinder alternatives, and/or words of encouragement below!

Last edited:
Another great uke minutes!

Really cool idea and very efficient. I work at a home improvement store, while in college, so this is really interesting. But ... I wouldn't put my LeeLa on there out of fear of her falling. So... that just means I'll have to buy more ukuleles so that I can put them on the wall for decoration :smileybounce:

I'm impressed. Of course, I lack the home improvement tool skills to pull this off, so I went with the cheater's method and bought individual wall hangers. Oh well, at least Leilani, Pele and Waimea are on Hawaiian themed hangers.
picture.php

My own lame attempt

Aldrine's version is way better than mine. His looks very tidy. I bought a 5-pack of tool hangers from Poundland and put them straight onto the wall (not a stud wall of course) and then stuck foam on them. But they look a bit of a mess. I'll have to raise my game and tidy them up now.

I'm going to have to do a Version 2 soon as I'm running out of floor space for more guitar stands(!)

This is my attempt:
UkeHangers 001.jpg

I would totally do this if my walls weren't all at 45 degree angles in my room. :( Right now I have a baritone dangling in midair, a Flea standing on my desk, and two sopranos out on my couch.
Aldrine, you should've pointed the stud finder at yourself and said "found it!"

I would totally do this if my walls weren't all at 45 degree angles in my room. :( Right now I have a baritone dangling in midair, a Flea standing on my desk, and two sopranos out on my couch.
Aldrine, you should've pointed the stud finder at yourself and said "found it!"

You can still make one like that. Instead, you're going to have to find angled hangers. If you can't find them, you can probably bend the ones you buy, or make your own hangers out of some cheap project board.

i actually made wall hangers about 3 weeks ago.

i practically did the same method except instead of one long piece of wood, i used those door trim corner blocks.

hooks at home depot were about $1.50 a pop where im from, and each of the corner blocks were also about $1.50.

i didnt want to drill again through the blocks of wood to hang em, so i made tabs that were screwed onto the blocks and then those were the mounting points for attaching to the wall. i made the tabs out of old keycards.

this is the finished product.

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

l_37e07e8d3ad34250bcdf0f5a601eb531.jpg

when it comes to power tools I think I own a nail file.
How realistic are my chances of realizing a ukulele wall hanger?

Man, I wanted to try this, but i couldn't find any hangers at City Mill or Home Depot in Honolulu. Raawrrr...I'll go again...maybe today...maybe tomorrow...maybe this weekend depends when I feel like slogging through traffic to get there.

i did it and it works and looks great ! i dont have a uke to hang on it at the moment .. but i will soon! so ill take a pic ! :D lol i wish u could mix em up and do guitar and uke hangers on one wall hanger.. thatd be sick

I can't see why you cant. That's what I'm going to do. I'm going to make 3 hangers with spacing appropriate for guitar/bass then with whatever room I have, make uke spacing between the remaining hangers.

Man, I wanted to try this, but i couldn't find any hangers at City Mill or Home Depot in Honolulu. Raawrrr...I'll go again...maybe today...maybe tomorrow...maybe this weekend depends when I feel like slogging through traffic to get there.

For the episode, we actually found those red hooks at K-Mart (near the tools and auto section). Aldrine said "hardware store" because it sounded better than "K-Mart". :D

Top Bottom