Nashville!

nikolo727

Reaction score
Well as some of you know I am a very active church member and I participate in yearly mission trips around the globe. This year we went to nashville just in time for a CMAs!!! im not a huge fan of country music(except orange world of course :p), but we did get to meet some cool people. for instance.....Johnny Cash's little sister: Joanne Cash!!!

she currently owns the Nashville Cowboy Church with her husband and she sings there every sunday. although her voice is getting a little rough, she is still a sweet heart to hear sing and is a very fun person to be around. below is a video of her in the building that is connected to the church: The Ernest Tubb museum. It was pretty cool in the museam but the church "service" was even better. It wasnt so much as a service as a concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Aw1eMmIis

moving right along, I barely got to see any music stores because of how busy we have been. I have only had 3 hours of sleep in the last two days and we just got home today around 3 oclock. I did get to go to one store on broadway. and I will remember it for the rest of my life: Gruens Guitar shop.

NOTE: for anyone who lives even remotely close to nashville. GO TO THIS GUITAR SHOP.

Upon entering this huge "museam/store", via the back entrance, there is a case on the imediate left with...a national soprano resonator uke, as well as another oldie that I couldnt really decipher. the national was priced at 900. the other at over 1000. I walked into the store thinking that, ok there was a national, thats cool, probubly nothing else though. I was so so very wrong. I asked a dude at the front counter if he had any other ukuleles. he just told me to turn around. behind me were about 12 martin ukuleles. some price 300 dollars, others around 3000. I was speechless, and even more so when he let me play them. I never thought I would ever see a martin uke. So I messed around with them...carefully, and i looked at some of the other ukes. There was a Gretch(?) ukulele. (probubly mispelled) price at 100 dollars. not in very good condition but sounded great all the same. What im trying to say is, this shop had everything. I went into the next room that consisted of over 50 antique martin guitars....(chin drops to floor). go to this shop. You will not regret it.

any who for those of you who listened to this entire thing, i thank you. I am also going to say that i have been gone for a while, but am now back to haunt you forever! muuuahahahahah.

If any of you guys/dolls have any questions about my trip or future ones, just pm me or post here in dis tread. sank you and good nite.

What? There's another Nashville? In Tennessee? I was only aware of the Ukulele Capitol of the Midwest in Nashville Indiana.

Will wonders never cease.

What? There's another Nashville? In Tennessee? I was only aware of the Ukulele Capitol of the Midwest in Nashville Indiana.

Will wonders never cease.

Yep, and I live about 70 miles east of there. I don't get to the big city much, though. Us hillbillies don't like the crowds.;)

Top Bottom